Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mean city cycle

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:47 AM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allen and MCC is probably the finest group of people I have dealt with regarding customer service and producing a superior product. My seat was redone by MCC. It is like sitting on air.........no more pain....just miles and miles of comfort

Old 01-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brinks13081
Mean City did my 09 Street Glide seat. I wasn't too impressed, should have kept it stock. I have a friend that has the Mustang and she swears by it.
It's easy to say so and so said, or my friend likes this or that. But that is not a fair comparsion for any item. I've had them both on the same model bike a 2000 RKC and a 2008 RKC and I can easily say that the Mustang blows compared to what Allen did. The Mustang was hard. pushed me forward and never soften up. I still had butt burn with the Mustang after 75 miles of riding stratight. I hated it so much that when I sold the bike I bever even considered taking the Mustang off and keeping it. Worst $500 I ever spent IMO. About 3 months after I sold the bike the owner called and ask if I still had the original seat because he also hated the aftermarkt I had on it. I know everybody is different and Mustang makes quality seat, it just wasn't for me at all. The $200 I spent with Allen was much better.

Last edited by Big Pig; 01-24-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

I sent them a sundowner to be worked on,it should be back on the 4th of Feb. so I will re-post then. Has anyone had the passenger part of the seat done yet? I will say that they seemed to ask all about me and my passenger so that they could personalize my whole seat.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:21 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My last 3 bikes I've had, I put mustang seats on and have been able to ride all day on all of them. None of them I could ride more that 50-100 miles before the change. I don't know anything about MCC, and as long as mustang is in business, that's where all my seats will come from.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:25 PM
dklanecky
Tourer

+1 on the Mustang experience.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:51 PM
bamarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 09 ultra classic. Bought it in August and have almost 10,000 miles on it. During the first 2,000 miles it was very uncomfortable to ride more then 50 miles. At first I thought I just needed to break in the seat. It never got better. Sent the seat to Mean cycles and had the seat redone and installed the heater. During the first 1,000 miles I still was unhappy and this was a few days from a big trip. Mean City told me they would make some more changes but they also stated it still may need a little breaking in. I decided to leave the seat alone and made the trip. 5100 miles riding 500 miles a day and I now love my seat. Now my ride is so comfortable I would not trade my seat for any other seat.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:57 PM
dpmccan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have been dealing with Allen at Mean City as he tries to get my stock seat on my '07 Ultra to fit just right. Fantastic customer service, but guess I just have a weird butt. Last mod was right before the cold weather set in, so no more tries until spring. Allen said they had just switched over to some new memory foam, so that's what he put in.

But I did get to try a Mustang seat out at Rapid City during Sturgis last year. I lasted 100 miles before my tailbone starting hurting like crazy! Couldn't get that thing off fast enough. That's the original problem that sent me to Mean City to begin with.

Have one buddy who loves his Mustang on his Ultra, and another buddy who loves his stock seat! Go figure.

Good luck!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:17 PM
pled55
Road Master

Originally Posted by brinks13081
Mean City did my 09 Street Glide seat. I wasn't too impressed, should have kept it stock. I have a friend that has the Mustang and she swears by it.
they did my street glide seat as well .they told me up front that the way the new seat pan is made they can only lower your seat so much .thats what i got .wanted lower but if thats all they can do .oh well .but they do have great communication with customers and the work was good also . i'm sure if there is something else they can do for you they would do it.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i tried both on my 06 UC. the mustang was not fitted to me, it was too far back. I liked the comfort and looks of the mustang but the seating position was uncomfortable. the mean city mod worked to move the seating position forward and lower for me.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:49 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

I had my Sundowner lowered 2 inches. I had no complaints with the Sundowner before and I don't have any complaints with it lowered. $40 plus shipping. Mean City is awesome.

Quick Reply: mean city cycle