Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where Will Your Big Road Trips Take You in 2009?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 10:01 AM
EGlideKid
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Will Your Big Road Trips Take You in 2009?

Happy New Year Everybody!

Where will you be going on your big road trips in 2009, and what big rallies will you be attending?

For my part, my wife and I are talking about 2 different ones, the Texas Hill Country in late April, and the Smokies in September.
Sturgis would be cool, and we want to ride there and not trailer the scoot, but for us it would be 2+ days one way, so that's a long vacation. We'll likely settle for Bikes, Blues, and BBQ in Fayetteville, AR in the fall.
See you out there!
EGK

Old 01-01-2009, 10:04 AM
softailgss
Intermediate

Daytona in March

Old 01-01-2009, 10:04 AM
D34
Tourer

Planning on trailering the bikes down to Florida sometime in Feb. Might do the loop around Lake Michigan this summer. Would love to ride down to Biketoberfest in the fall.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:08 AM
lmb1485
Tourer

I'm planning a may to april trip to utah and colorado.I'm in minnesota .this fall a trip to sturgis again is in order.Went through the tail 2years ago and rode the smokies.simply beautiful country

Old 01-01-2009, 10:09 AM
DeckerDude
Road Master

Might ride to Sturgis this year haven't been for a few years and probably the Outer Banks the wifey's been wanting to do that for a few years now.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:10 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Key West in two weeks, local trip for me but many other HDF members coming from afar. Dragon in April/May again with lots of Fla/Ga members, Miami to El Paso without touching I 10 in June, I miss Old El Paso. Have not planned the second half of the year yet but I can see Chicago in my future.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:13 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Going to Fl to visit my cousin sometimes in the early summer, "Trail of Tears" from Chattanooga, Tn to Okmulgee, ok. I hope to make it to the Bikes, Blues, and BBQ in Fayetteville, AR . I will be in Okmulgee, Ok on the 21st and the Bikes, Blues, and BBQ in Fayetteville, AR starts on the 23rd. That will give a couple of days to visit the Ozark mountains.
dd

Old 01-01-2009, 10:14 AM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sending my wife and youngest daughter to Mexico for spring break ( they both speak the language and it has become a tradition for them [ and it keeps youngest daughter out of Daytona! ] ). While they are gone I am thinking about taking a road trip to visit my Mom in Phoenix. Two day ride to get there, spend three days visiting and cruising some of my old haunts, then two days back. That ought to about do it!

Old 01-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Javawave
Tourer

riding along the Canadian side of the great lakes then across Maine and down the Maine coast and then back to Indiana. Mid July. 6 bikes going.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

The wife and I are leaving Louisiana the last week of August and the first week of September for Glacier NP, then across Idaho into Washington and down through Oregon's Hells Canyon before turning back for home.

We did two weeks in North Carolina last May and June, what a trip!!

Quick Reply: Where Will Your Big Road Trips Take You in 2009?