Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where Will Your Big Road Trips Take You in 2009?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:36 AM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We will head east in the spring. Never been to the Black Hills and am not quite ready for the whole package without ever being there and knowing the lay of the land. Perhaps another run to Vegas. For sure some weekend trips to the San Juans and we will attempt to hit a few more area rallys, such as The Oyster Run this year.

I hope to add quite a few miles this next season. As I look out the window right now, the snow flakes are the size of quarters and no New Year's Day ride for me. Come on spring.

spiz

Old 01-01-2009, 11:38 AM
NomadUC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning crossing the border from Montreal to NY state then crossing the states of Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Washington go up to Vancouver. About a 5 week trip.

hdflyer76
Intermediate

Riding from So. Cal to Colorado Rockies and back in June. Then in August from So. Cal to Alaska and back. Will be a great year on my Ultra...

titusvilleharley
Banned For Ripping Off HDF Members

spring of 09 im wanting to go to ashville nc, my route from titusville will be 441 through georgia.spend 1 week in a little camp ground and ride all around.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:59 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Three of us to Eastern Washington, Idaho, into Oregon and back up the coast. 7 days or so. I'd like to take my son to Montana and N. Dakota, maybe have the rest of the family in the mini van following?? Not sure on that one yet.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:20 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll make my usual Key West run,(500 mi)Then a couple of smokey mtn runs (bout the same distance) Then in June going to Tulsa for a few days and continue on to the west coast and possibley Alaska. I'm retiring for good in may so time will be no factor. I'm not gonna make no plans, just wake up and decide where I wanna go that day.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:27 PM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After the 5 day 5000 mile journey to the Grand Canyon last summer I'm hooked on Ultra touring.

Big trip in August from Arkansas to Pentwater Village Michigan (wifes home town) then up the coast to Canada and Thunder Bay area.

Sparks America rally in June

BBQ in Fayetteville AR just 45 minutes from the back door

A lot of weekend trips planned back to Austin TX and Wichita Mountain area in Oklahoma and Burkburnett Texas area where I lived 1st to 6th grade

Also plan to hit on of the rattlesnake roundups in Oklahoma haven't been since I was a little fellow

Old 01-01-2009, 12:31 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

new to HD world. already booked for the Americade in Lake George and maybe to Laconia 2 weeks later... then will plan longer distances following year. looking forward to Sturgis and then seeing HD headquarters one day.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:40 PM
NoKenDo
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by honestbob
I'm not gonna make no plans, just wake up and decide where I wanna go that day.
That's a great way to travel.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:09 PM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

In early June to mid July, 6 weeks, Birminham to the Isle of Mann Time Trial,Northen Soctland, then to Switzerdand, south to the Pyranees, north into western France (Brittany), and back to Birmingham.

In September to early October, 5 weeks riding completely around the Iberian Peninsula (Spain/Portugal). Ferry to/from Plymouth to Santander.

I keep a bike with a buddy in Birmingham.

Quick Reply: Where Will Your Big Road Trips Take You in 2009?