Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on Lighting for Safety

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 04:22 AM
Hawgnut
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eye Burn

I'm not so crazy about all the Super bright lights only because lets say your following one of your bros at night,it gets pretty annoying getting the eye burn everytime a curve come up. One of my friends has the flashing brake and turn signals and it does catch your attention with out the eye burn. Just my .02

Old 01-01-2009, 07:26 AM
MillerTed
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShrink
That is correct! The other tour pak lights are LED's from Ride Time and the 4 lower signals are Radiantz Retroz LED's. The tail light is Radiantz also. Fender tip is Ride Time. Thanks! Everything on the back is wired through my Badlands Illuminator. It's all on when riding and it all gets brighter when a signal or brakes come on.
Question. did you install the ride time fender tip lights on both the front and back. were you happy with the product. thanks. ted

Old 01-01-2009, 10:17 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MillerTed
Question. did you install the ride time fender tip lights on both the front and back. were you happy with the product. thanks. ted
Yes, I did, both front & rear and I'm happy with them as well as the tour pak led's from Ride Time. Keith will actually answer the phone, and emails, and answer any questions you may have also. Both fender tip led's are plug and play - unless you want the rear to be a run/brake light, then you have to run a wire, (supplied), under the fender to the rear light bucket. Still an deasy job.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:54 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

I'm a big proponent of lots of light up front. Love the HD fog lamps. Going from one light on my softail to five on my roadking, I can really tell the difference in the amount of idiots pulling out in front of me or changing lanes into me. I think it's more important to be seen from up front than from behind.

On the rear I run the Tailstopper from Biketronics. Turns the rear turn signals into additional brake lights. One light running, three lights for brakes. More obvious that you are stopping than the modules that make the turn signals run lights as well. I don't believe there is enough difference between the intensity of the run and brake on the HD module. I want it obvious that I am hitting the brake.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

driving to Port Richey Florida this weekend.. anyone know where i can purchase the Hyperlights close by Port Richey ?

Old 01-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Rob2002
Tourer

Hey Soos
do you have a load equalizer to run the Hoglite?

Old 01-21-2009, 03:56 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just don't mix the Kury Panacea tail light (their run/brake/turn option) with some other brand of run/brake turn signals. When I bought my bike in Sept., the Salesman/Dealer sold me and installed the Kury Panacea Tail Light and H-D "panacea" turn signals. I started having issues with my alarm and turn signals not working properly last weekend. Unbeknowst to me, the run/brake option on my turn signals never even worked.

Dealer found out from Kury, that Kury doesn't play nice with other brands (talking about the Panacea option ONLY...not regular LED's). You must also only use Kury's equalizer/modulater with this setup...no other brands. To fix the issues, my Dealer ended up pulling the H-D turn signals, refunding me the charges for all of that, and installing Kury Panacea taillights. Everything is back to normal now.

Through all of this, I also found out (from Kury) that you shouldn't use your flashers for "very long" if you have their Panacea stuff. Apparently, using them for, say 3 minutes or more, can/will fry the load equalizer, which will leave you with crazy acting lights or non at all. When asked what I should do if I wanted/needed to use my flashers, he recommeded I remove the seat and "unhook" it. That's convenient!!!

Something else to consider, Kury LED turn signals only come as a complete kit which means the lens is attached. So, if you ever wanted to replace a lens or change a lens color you'd have to shell out for the entire setup again. Also, they do not have clear lenses, only red, amber and smoke.

Kury is definitely quality stuff, but if I were starting from scratch, I'd go with Custom Dynamics or Radiantz. Less $$$ and the concensus on this forum is they are excellent. Oh yeah, Custom Dynamics sells a load equalizer that lets you use your flashers. Like I said, I'm not knocking Kury...it works great if installed correctly...just wanted to give you guys the heads up as it looks like a few of you are mixing and matching brands.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:10 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Shrink - Do the 55 watt lights from Wally World come with a mounting bracket? If not, how did you attach them to your highway bars?

Old 01-21-2009, 05:25 PM
gmc
Road Warrior

LED Laydn Stoplight and tip fr ridetechtechnology.com and trun signals just the HD module. Want to do the LED tunsignals but just can't see why they are so pricey! A lot of you have seen this before but there is a ? every month. Sorry.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:57 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
+1 on the hd fog lamps on my 09 road glide (even though hd says they do not fit). my question is if i can find the harness that changes your rear turn signals into brake lamps also. from what i understand, the hd ones do not work with the stock led rear stop lamp. any ideas?
I think Kuryakan has a kit that does that with a stock HD tail light.

Quick Reply: Advice on Lighting for Safety