Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windvest or Klock Werks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 04:18 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,802 Likes on 1,274 Posts
Thumbs up

I have the Windvest and love it, looks cool and really helps buffetting.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:41 PM
isac
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a good look at Long Ride Shields who also is a sitesponsor
I replace my stock 10" with a 10" med.grey with a small flip and , all buffeting at 50mph i had before was gone. Btw..i'm 5' 9". Great product.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:37 PM
rcpilot_971
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I,m also looking for a windsheild for my 09 street glide cant decide what one to get looking for 6.5

Old 10-31-2009, 03:01 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Went with the KW 6.5 on my SG and it's the best w/s I have had once you're over 35mph.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:46 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Cee Bailey SSC or Traditonal shape is one of the finest windshields made. That said, I did break down and buy the 6.5 KW Flare and I like the it too. Works about as well as the 9" SSC at half the cost. Also always cracks me up that KW alludes to their innovative WS design when Cee Baileys has been making theirs for years. I can assure you, each Baileys WS is a great piece.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:44 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by salty01
Here is where I go for shields on the SG:
http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/

A great mom n Pop outfit with great service etc. I use the 1/2 moon wider shields which is great for more hand protection in cool weather too.

I recommend them anyday...good pricing also!
I had been searching for this post for a while. I saw it and looked at the windshields when it was first posted but never ordered.

Had a bad week this week. Bought a Klock werks 8.5 inch shield and didn't realize it doesn't have protective film on the back. When I slid it into the fairing the brass fittings were sticking slightly out and scratched it on both sides when it went too far into the fairing. Tried to repair it with a scratch remover which made it worse. In addition, I really found the 8.5 is a bit tall for me at 5.7 (I do look over it but barely). On top of that, I ordered the t-bags windshield bags to go behind it, thinking it would follow the contours of the tweeter pod. It didn't, so I cut a few of the threads on one side of the outer bags but that causes them to extend past the windshield. It doesn't look too bad, and having the bags on there makes the scratches not real noticable but I'm really picky and not crazy about the bags sticking out.

I sent these guys an email asking for suggestions on the height. Within 10 minutes he called me and we spent about 20 minutes chatting. Another thing they will do is cut the shield at any measurement you desire inbetween the full inch measurements. I've ordered one with the flat top at 6.5 inches in dark smoke and also ordered the side deflectors. With the shield extending past the normal point it should cover the bags. They even gave me a few bucks off the website price so the windshield and side deflectors cost me WELL under a hundred bucks. This style certainly wouldn't be for everybody but I like the look.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy02FLHT
I had been searching for this post for a while. I saw it and looked at the windshields when it was first posted but never ordered.

Had a bad week this week. Bought a Klock werks 8.5 inch shield and didn't realize it doesn't have protective film on the back. When I slid it into the fairing the brass fittings were sticking slightly out and scratched it on both sides when it went too far into the fairing. Tried to repair it with a scratch remover which made it worse. In addition, I really found the 8.5 is a bit tall for me at 5.7 (I do look over it but barely). On top of that, I ordered the t-bags windshield bags to go behind it, thinking it would follow the contours of the tweeter pod. It didn't, so I cut a few of the threads on one side of the outer bags but that causes them to extend past the windshield. It doesn't look too bad, and having the bags on there makes the scratches not real noticable but I'm really picky and not crazy about the bags sticking out.

I sent these guys an email asking for suggestions on the height. Within 10 minutes he called me and we spent about 20 minutes chatting. Another thing they will do is cut the shield at any measurement you desire inbetween the full inch measurements. I've ordered one with the flat top at 6.5 inches in dark smoke and also ordered the side deflectors. With the shield extending past the normal point it should cover the bags. They even gave me a few bucks off the website price so the windshield and side deflectors cost me WELL under a hundred bucks. This style certainly wouldn't be for everybody but I like the look.

anything over 4in will work better that a 4 in sheild. i put a 6in windvest sheild on my oladys glide and she liked it it calm the wind factor down. i like cool so i put a 4 in. all black windvest and it is better than stock.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:58 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run the 6" Windvest and love it.

Attached Thumbnails Windvest or Klock Werks?-picture-004-medium-.jpg  
Old 01-14-2010, 10:08 PM
oldbagr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried Clear View and WindVest and prefer the WindVest. I have a 10" tinted WindVest recurve on my Ultra and love it.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:31 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by salty01
Here is where I go for shields on the SG:
http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/

A great mom n Pop outfit with great service etc. I use the 1/2 moon wider shields which is great for more hand protection in cool weather too.

I recommend them anyday...good pricing also!

Thanks again for posting, you got them a new customer:

Quick Reply: Windvest or Klock Werks?