Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:27 PM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Just installed the Biketronics stereo upgrade (included the hogtunes). Sounds very good!

Old 01-26-2009, 06:28 PM
jtjt100
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered mine Sunday after reading all the great post on here about them, can't wait.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LiveLifeLarge
I know it has been said but it needs to be said again...Speakers have unbelievable sound compared to stock. I just put in the fairing speakers and they are great.
+1!!!!!!!!!!!! Harley must get a kickback from the aftermarket speaker companies for putting those crappy speakers in from the factory.

Last edited by hawg08; 01-26-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hawg08
+1!!!!!!!!!!!! Harley must get a kickback from the aftermarket speaker companies for putting those crappy speakers in from the factory.

Yep...Made in????

You guessed it.....CHINA!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:37 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No question about it...Hogtunes' customer service is outstanding!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:12 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Since I couldn't find speaker boxes for my lower fairings on my Road Glide I made my own and mounted a set of 5 X 7 Blaupunkt speakers. Wasn't too hard.

Attached Thumbnails Hogtunes-dsc03378-medium-.jpg  
Old 01-26-2009, 10:41 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kruzin
Since I couldn't find speaker boxes for my lower fairings on my Road Glide I made my own and mounted a set of 5 X 7 Blaupunkt speakers. Wasn't too hard.
I bet thats sounds goood!

Old 01-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Berndude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the HOG tunes speakers with the AMP for over a year and a half and they are excellant! I have HardKrome true Duals and now I can hear my tunes again!

The best is now to come as Pez has some tweeters that will bolt in place where the dash pad (Unibrow) goes, ordered mine last week they are due to arrive this Thursday, looking forward to installing them. I believe there is a picture in another thread here. As of last week he did not even have them on the website yet. They are cheaper than buying the Harley dashpad I think, anyway I will soon be selling my dash pad as soon as I repalce it with the tweeter set.

The service from Pez and Lori has been fantastic and all my questions always get answered and the product always ships in a timely fashion.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:12 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shredsurf
After some research here, online and information from PEZ, I decided to take the Hogtunes jump! I was looking into J&M (but wanted the amp as well) and Hawg Wired (too expensive for my taste)

PEZ hooked me up with speakers and an amp for my new RG. For now, I'll wait for HD or someone to come up with an easy plug & play option for the lower fairing speakers. PEZ was great to deal with and very informative.

Per PEZ...and for those like me who have NO CLUE...read on!

The radio in the '09 FLTR makes a “real” 17-18 watts per channel. With the Hogtunes speakers and amp it would generate 32 watts per channel minimum. On top of more power, I'll get WAY better bass and clarity.

The amp was designed to sit on top of radios in batwing bikes, but there is no room in FLTR—so an adaptor kit is needed. The steel plate bolts into the structure of the RG fairing and holds the amp extremely well. The wire harness that comes in that kit also has longer wires needed to go around the dual headlights and keeps everything plug and play.

I'm sold, thanks PEZ!!
I would really like to see some pictures of the adapter kit for the FLTR. I just finished putting another brand amp and speakers in. True, the amp will not fit on top of the radio, not enough height and I have the XM unit up there also. I mounted mine off to the right hand side between the inner fairing and the fairing glovebox. This adapter kit/steel plate intriques (sp) me.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

There are speaker pods to hold 6.5" speakers available for Roadglides. Necessity is the mother of invention. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...aker-pods.html

Quick Reply: Hogtunes