Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:18 PM
kennyross
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawg Wired

I don't here much about Hawg Wired. I know they cost more than other speakers, but they look very good. how do they compare?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:27 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hawg wired is a couple of steps up the food chain from JM and Hogg tunes but they are pricey for sure! I have the 3 for the road on my Road Glide and I think they rock! I modded a used set of gloveboxes to accept Pez's speaker kit for the lowers it was worth the effort for me and not really that hard but once done there no going back to stock gloveboxes!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:38 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am happy with the Biketronics speakers I bought. Titan Hertz. I can hear them at all speeds/rpm without an amp.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:51 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The J & M's are really good, installed them front and rear. Just wish they had a bit more bass to them. No distortion until you have them cranked nearly all the way. I gotta get a sub woofer......

Old 12-30-2008, 09:32 PM
hotshot
Tourer

I've been debating Hogtunes or J&M. I still don't know which I will use. The plan is to add just the four speakers, two in faring and two in the rear on my Ultra. Not interested in adding the amp and the two lower fairing speakers.

Anyone had the experience with Hogtunes, compared to J&M?

Bass response, which is better?

Thanks....

Old 01-02-2009, 02:43 PM
shredsurf
Road Master
Thumbs up Suueeee!

After some research here, online and information from PEZ, I decided to take the Hogtunes jump! I was looking into J&M (but wanted the amp as well) and Hawg Wired (too expensive for my taste)

PEZ hooked me up with speakers and an amp for my new RG. For now, I'll wait for HD or someone to come up with an easy plug & play option for the lower fairing speakers. PEZ was great to deal with and very informative.

Per PEZ...and for those like me who have NO CLUE...read on!

The radio in the '09 FLTR makes a “real” 17-18 watts per channel. With the Hogtunes speakers and amp it would generate 32 watts per channel minimum. On top of more power, I'll get WAY better bass and clarity.

The amp was designed to sit on top of radios in batwing bikes, but there is no room in FLTR—so an adaptor kit is needed. The steel plate bolts into the structure of the RG fairing and holds the amp extremely well. The wire harness that comes in that kit also has longer wires needed to go around the dual headlights and keeps everything plug and play.

I'm sold, thanks PEZ!!

Old 01-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

I've been meaning to buy some of those. Thanks for reminding me.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:10 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Another satisfied Hogtunes customer!

Hate to resurrect old news and repost what's already been said....but I feel I have to. It's not often you get a quality product AND great service anymore.

I ordered just the two front Hogtunes speakers for my 09 Street Glide about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I screwed up and used an old address in California that was saved in PayPal from a long time ago. When I got the shipping notice and checked the tracking info I noticed my mistake. Contacted Lori from Hogtunes and she tracked down the shipment and had it redirected to my new address. Lifesaver! I thought I bought the new tenants a late Christmas present!

Anyway, they arrived today and were installed in less than 30 minutes using Batwing removal tips I found here on the forum. I am really impressed with the improvement over stock that these speakers provide, even with no amp. More than I'll ever need at higway speeds.

Thanks to Lori for the OUTSTANDING customer service!

If you are in need of a sound upgrade I highly suggest looking up PEZ or contacting Hogtunes. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:14 PM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
Thumbs up

Customer service and standing behind his product is proof enough for me, the sound is just the icing on the cake! GO PEZ!

Old 01-26-2009, 06:23 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

As good as the Hogtunes products are, and they are good, it's the customer service that impresses me the most! Pez is very accessible and very responsive to any problems you may encounter. I currently have a relatively minor problem with my amp. I spoke to Pez and one of his employees last Thursday and we tried to isolate/diagnose the problem. When it turned out to be more serious than we initially thought, I was told that a new amp would be on the way. On Friday I had a shipping confirmation and expect to receive it tomorrow. VERY impressed!

Quick Reply: Hogtunes