Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another EZ-Up Center Stand.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:06 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Another EZ-Up Center Stand.....

Finally got around to installing my Wheeldock Center Stand.

Easy install and it goes up smooth as silk while sitting on the bike.

Trying to get it up (the stand that is) while standing next to the bike is another thing. Pushed down hard as hell and it wouldn't go up. What's the trick, even though I probably wouldn't use that method anyway considering how easy it goes up while straddling the bike.

No more mods this winter, unless I find a good deal on some Hot Toppers, kit# HTD157.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HDV-Glide, you can come install mine. I got one for Christmas but fell on the ice on Christmas Eve and have a busted up knee, so I'm on crutches for 6 weeks. Heck of a nice brown box that it comes in, though!

Old 12-30-2008, 02:16 PM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
Default centerstand up

Try to find a leverage spot on your ride at the right rear side like the bag guards, passenger footpeg, or etc. Push on the stand and use light leverage to get bike up. A little practice will do it.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:19 PM
BIG SMITTY
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With my experience on center stands I have had luck with putting my weight on the center stand with my foot and then either lift on something with structure like the fender support of shock and pulling back on the handlebar. I also leave the side stand down until the bike is up on its center stand just in case. I don't have the wheel dock but assume it is like any other center stand.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:42 PM
vrodb
Former Sponsor
Default How to put the bike up from the side.

When putting the bike up on the stand from the side make sure and push the bike straight up to the vertical position first in order to get both feet of the stand in contact with the ground. Once you have both feet down and bike is level it only takes a little pressure on the foot lever to get the bike to rock up and over onto the stand. Hope this helps.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:19 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by vrodb
When putting the bike up on the stand from the side make sure and push the bike straight up to the vertical position first in order to get both feet of the stand in contact with the ground. Once you have both feet down and bike is level it only takes a little pressure on the foot lever to get the bike to rock up and over onto the stand. Hope this helps.
I think that was my problem. Both feet were not touching.

Another question, while straddling the bike your not putting any weight on the bike, right...

Why can't the plywood lift method be used while straddling the bike then??

Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture....

Old 12-31-2008, 03:48 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

I got mine a few weeks ago and have tried over and over using different techniques to get my bike on the stand while seated and it is impossible for me. I don't know what to say really, i'm a huge guy, i am not holding the brake or anything but there is no way to get the leverage with my left foot to work it. Seems to me, if the lever was on the right side it would solve two problems at once....using the right foot is more natural than the left and would provide more leverage and the sidestand could be left out just in case of a slip or something, it would catch the fall...and also, with it on the right side using it while off the bike would be safer since again the sidestand could be left out in case you have a slip while standing the bike up straight to use the lever. As it is now, you are bringing the bike up and away from the sidestand and if you go too far or have a slip it's going over on it's right side. The lever is simply too far back, straight and under the passenger floorboad to be able to use it while seated, and that sucks. Luv the quality of the stand, just wish it could be used as designed.

Last edited by ezriderpgh; 12-31-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:21 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh
I got mine a few weeks ago and have tried over and over using different techniques to get my bike on the stand while seated and it is impossible for me. I don't know what to say really, i'm a huge guy, i am not holding the brake or anything but there is no way to get the leverage with my left foot to work it. Seems to me, if the lever was on the right side it would solve two problems at once....using the right foot is more natural than the left and would provide more leverage and the sidestand could be left out just in case of a slip or something, it would catch the fall...and also, with it on the right side using it while off the bike would be safer since again the sidestand could be left out in case you have a slip while standing the bike up straight to use the lever. As it is now, you are bringing the bike up and away from the sidestand and if you go too far or have a slip it's going over on it's right side. The lever is simply too far back, straight and under the passenger floorboad to be able to use it while seated, and that sucks. Luv the quality of the stand, just wish it could be used as designed.

You must be doing something really wrong ....Straddle the bike without sitting on the seat, lean a little to the right and at the same time push down with just your heel on the lever. The bike should stand up very easily. I'm only 170lbs and was very surprised how easily it worked.

As far as the lever on the pipe side, you have some good points...

Old 12-31-2008, 05:28 PM
rfultra
Road Master

i have heard a lot about these stands, i guess i am going to have to get one myself. Thanks a lot, you guys cost me way too much money.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:17 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

I think what alot of people are doing wrong is they are not allowing the feet of the stand to touch down first before trying to get it up on the stand.

Make sure it's in neutral

Off the brakes

Straddle bike

Place left foot on Wheeldock lever

Push down far enough so the feet touch down centering the bike. Don't worry, if you let everything go, the bike will not go anywhere so long as you have your foot planted on that lever.

Take a deep breath

Now focus and push down with your left foot.

It should prop right up. I have even done it very slowly with little pressure.

Quick Reply: Another EZ-Up Center Stand.....