Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPS, Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:51 PM
617south
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I surprised he did not tell you that you bought the chinese version and you need to spend $300 more to read the american version. I read that some wear about a zumo price to good to be true.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:10 PM
HDUltraRider
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by db2753
Darn, the Costco price seems decent, I didn't want one but now I might change my mind.
If you know you want the 450 don't wait to long they are and Garmin is done so once Costco runs out that's it.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,909 Likes on 1,425 Posts

Damn, doode. You check the reseller ratings site which says "TOXIC WASTE" and you still try to buy from them?

Old 12-30-2008, 04:03 PM
pirateheadman
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unbelievable! I just did a search on them and you should read what epinions has on them!
http://www.epinions.com/msg/show_~th.../forum_id_~144
Then, just for kicks and grins, I went to their website. They have a Garmin accessory 1gb SD card for almost $200! Yes, that same one that I saw at Brandsmart yesterday for $3.88.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Just as anoth heads up, the 450 has been discontinued...maybe a 650 coming out???? don't know.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:09 PM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Being a semi-professional photographer for over 30 years, I've found that places like 86th Street Photo and Broadway Photo are as crooked as a dog's hind leg. There are several of these scammers out there and over the years I've pretty much learned that if a price is so ridiculously low, compared to other reputable stores, then they're gonna need you to call them to "verify your order", which "scam-speak" for "we're gonna try to sell you everything under the sun and if you balk then we're gonna cancel your order because you're too smart to fall for our scam". I've gotten to the point where I only deal with a couple of internet vendors for cameras, flashes, memory cards, etc. B&H Photo & Video and Adorama are my favorites. Their price might not be the lowest but when you buy from them you get everything that's included with the item for that price, and you don't have to "verify your order"!! JUST BE CAREFUL!!

Old 12-30-2008, 05:32 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I ordered my 550 last year, I went to eBay and found one seller that was $50 lower than anyone else. The seller ratings were good, but when I check almost all of them were for items less than $5. I don't know why I did it, but I went ahead and ordered. A week later the item still hadn't shipped, and the seller woulnd't return email. That's when bad ratings started showing up from other buyers he had scammed. I immediately disputed with PayPal and got a prompt refund. Reordered from a well known seller, and it shipped the next day.

Like others have said, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Buyer beware.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:14 PM
pbsdaddy
Extreme HDF Member

Received 5,383 Likes on 2,487 Posts

Yep, that's 86th Street Photo. If you had agreed to buy something extra, everything would have been fine. You can still get a good deal, just not hardly the deal they advertized.
I like to say they are typical New York store front types. They get ya in the door then grab ya as you try to get out.
BTW, don't be offended by the comment about where you live. It wouldn't have made any difference, they would have said the same thing if it had been New Mexico. Must be nice to have so much business you can throw people out and cancel their purchase.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:19 PM
forever 2 wheels
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Thanks for sharing. They must be owned by Sprint!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:13 AM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Amazon 350.00 for a Zumo 450. took two days to get here. free shipping and everything included. unit works like a champ. cant beat that.

Quick Reply: GPS, Buyer Beware