Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot Slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:41 AM
marksv4
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

+1 for Jamie and FuelMoto.

I would have run Jackpots with my hi flow and PCIII but I am kind of fond of my Wild Pig slip ons. 2 FLHR's both have run Wild Pigs, many miles, no problems, love the sound. I am sure the Jackpots are similar in design and sound.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:29 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamie,

That's an excellent offer. I wish that I could abide the too-large fuel tank, too-fat rear tire/fender, less shake at idle, and probably several more "issues" I have with the '09 versus my '07 so I could take you up on it. :^)

I'm not saying they wouldn't/don't work very well on the '09s. Just that I don't see the reason for the baffle asymmetry with this header design. I'm quite sure you'd done extensive comparative testing on the previous design headers. Have you thrown two rights on an '09 and compared what can be done that way?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:59 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by glens
I'm quite sure you'd done extensive comparative testing on the previous design headers. Have you thrown two rights on an '09 and compared what can be done that way?
Testing on the 09? Here is a quick overview of some of our testing on the 2009 Touring model 1) Bought 09 Touring model in August 2) Thoroughly dyno test and data log J1850 ECM data and AFR at over 250 break points for complete baseline. 3) completely disassemble exhaust system for evaluation of new 09 headpipe design. 4) Extensively dyno test muffler/baffle design including competitiors products 5) Beta test 09 specific products for several manufacturers. 6) Thoroughly test Dynojet Power Commander V and Auto tune module. 7) Develop PC V maps for most popular setups.
For reference our 09 Touring model has over 400+ dyno runs of R&D, much of it in exhaust and baffle testing, these runs do not include building EFI maps or our initial datalogging. So yeah you could say we have tested the 09, and we have a good idea of what works and what does not.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-02-2009, 11:20 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

You have to be careful assuming it is just a header chamber. I don't know Harleys design here and it could very well be just a "chamber", but that would be odd because I've never heard of a design like that before. I would have guessed it is more of an "H" pipe or "X" pipe design. In any case, while those gases do combine, they don't totally equalize because of the pulsating cylinders firing at different times, and also when the down stream pipe lengths or curves are different.

It would have been interesting to watch Jamies ("Exhaust"ive) research because I enjoy that doing that kind of stuff.

Beary

Old 01-02-2009, 12:00 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ok, who won Jamie? the fuel moto pc v, intake ad dt jackpots.... i waited and waited for a call on the 1st or email or post on da fm web

hehehe sigh...
anyways waitin for the brown truck today...

Old 01-02-2009, 01:52 PM
omega5m14
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
Dynojet PC V has now been released click here www.fuelmotousa.com/pcvharley
The USA's Leader in EFI Performance www.fuelmotousa.com www.jackpotmufflers.com
Contact 877-729-4754
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Jamie, just wanted to say thanks for the set up you put together for me a few months
back; the fuelmoto air cleaner, SuperTrapp Slip-ons w/ turndown tips and the PCIII USB
you mapped for me works great. See no need to ever have it Dyno'd. The low rpm
surging is gone, throttle response much better and the seat of the pants dyno is all
smiles!
Install was a breeze even for mechanically challenged individual such as myself. I've
recommended Fuelmoto to anyone that asks and will continue to do so. I've done the
same set up, intake, exhaust and PCIII on 3 other bikes with 3 different companies
and even though I finally ended up with the results I wanted, getting there was never
as easy as it was with you and fuelmoto.
Hope this thread wasn't hijacked to much. First time I've seen Jamie on here and I
wanted to give credit where it was due. I highly recommend Fuelmoto and the package
deals the way to go.
Ride safe all
Dano

Old 01-02-2009, 02:09 PM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I would recommend the Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers, they have a nice deep tone in the cruise range but make a good powerful sound in the upper RPM's. The sound has shown to be just right for 99.5% of the customers that have purchased them, and I will personally guarantee they will outperform any other slip on muffler. If you are looking for something a bit louder we do have a large bore baffle that we can install for no additional charge. As far as dB testing, this is something we looked into doing however we quickly found that the figures we found were all over the place including from Harley. So unless we could test everything at once, using the same procedure, on the same bike, etc.. it would be worthless so we chose to work closer with our customers to get them what they were looking for which has worked very, very well.

Do you need a download for the large bore baffle?

Old 01-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Street G
Cruiser
Default Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers

Jamie how well would these work with stage 1 filter & harley down load. 07 FLHX stock besides filter & stage 1 down load.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't consider this a hijack of the thread. I'm looking at the title of my browser window and it says "Jackpot Slip-ons". That's what I'm discussing. With Jamie, no less.

For those who don't know, I've traded with Jamie, have spoken to him on the phone a fair amount of time, and have transacted e-mail with him a fair amount. We have both privately and publicly discussed this type of stuff and more. I consider him a friend and am not trying to be antagonistic in any way, shape, or form. This is just discussing the "layout" of the Jackpots relative to the new touring headpipes.

I've had my face at the tail end of the "collecting chamber" of the system while it was waist high. On a brand-new bike being stripped for blacking of all the chrome. It was still metal-colored inside and I used a light. The two headpipes enter one end of the chamber and the two tailpipes exit the other end. If it's an "H-pipe", think of an H with the horizontal bar so thick to goes almost all the way from top to bottom of the whole letter, but with a little asymmetry. There's no way that reversion would wash the rear O2 sensor to any greater degree than it'll happen on the front. There's little chance that the balance of flow between the right and left tailpipes being different from stock would impact the way the engine runs. That's emphatically not the case on the earlier headpipe design, where it is not only possible, but likely, that fresh air would travel into the left muffler tail and over to the right side of the bike, past the O2 sensor on the "crossover" section. Not as a matter of course, of course, but the flowpath is unobstructed. And altering the flow out those pipes side-to-side from stock surely alters the way the engine runs.

Jamie, perhaps you've misunderstood what I'd wanted to know when I'd said:

Originally Posted by glens
I'm not saying they wouldn't/don't work very well on the '09s. Just that I don't see the reason for the baffle asymmetry with this header design. I'm quite sure you'd done extensive comparative testing on the previous design headers. Have you thrown two rights on an '09 and compared what can be done that way?
Let me rephrase that last sentence to (perhaps) more closely represent what I'd wanted to know:

In all your testing of the '09s have you directly compared the asymmetrical Jackpots versus symmetrical (double "rights") Jackpots? If so, what was the result?

Thank you.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:43 AM
FLSTC07
6th Gear
Talking

For the original question. My personal opinion is they are not to quiet (just right for not waking the neighbors early mornings). Slightly louder than stock at idle (nice deep throaty sound) and moderately increases with throttle input. Cruise sound is just right for being radio friendly, 1/2 to 3/4 on the volume scale.

This is with the Fuel Moto SE Stage 1 air cleaner, PC V, and the Jackpot Dyno Tuned mufflers on a 09 Ultra. Just what I was looking for in performance and sound. Very happy with this combo. +1 to Jamie for all the hours testing and great customer service !!
Gary

Quick Reply: Jackpot Slip-ons