Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot Slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:04 AM
weezo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Fuelmoto PCV and 57mm baffles

I said I would report back when I got my 57mm Fuelmoto baffles and Power Commander on board. I just did about 400 miles with the new setup and enjoyed the heck out of it.

Even though the 57mm baffles (about 2.25") are not the optimal size for tq and hp gains, I wanted the "Harley Noise" and I got it. It's got a good rumble when cruising and idling, but when I get on it there's a bark and a roar. I didn't think it was too loud for cruising at all. Although I've got pretty sensitive ears and maybe some hearing loss, this in no way hurts my ears or causes any agitation. Other riders commented that my bike sounds like it's running really well.

I started with the PCIII, but had some tech difficulties with stalling, apparently a defective PC unit. Fuelmoto (now well known for their outstanding customer service) took care of me, shipping me a new PCV with a return UPS label enclosed. Install was simple, although stuffing the harness in front of the battery caused some anxiety.

I was running Rush 1.75's before. I wish I had the tq/hp numbers from that setup to compare. It feels more powerful, pushing me back on my seat and achieving "high speed" much quicker. Accelerating in 6th ("overdrive") where before the bike felt gutless and I always down-shifted I now feel increased power. Passing and plain aggressive riding is a blast.

As for fuel mileage - I'm guessing that it will be either about the same as before the PCV or even a bit better. The first 150 miles of this road trip were ridden very hard, freeway and passing speeds, 70-105 mph. At fuel top-off I averaged 37 mpg.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the set up and with Fuelmoto's service. I enjoyed the sound of my Rush 1.75 baffles, and it is important to note that when I removed them there was very little packing left so they were pretty loud (about 4500 miles on them). It'll be interesting to see how much louder the 57mm baffles get as they get miles on them. My decision to go with the larger baffles was based on comments that the Jackpot 1.75's were very quiet, which of course many people are looking for.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

If buyers want the louder baffle when you order simply let us know and we can ship with this baffle. Also note in the next few weeks we will be putting some specific dB test data on our website for the Jackpot mufflers as well as some others for comparison.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamie,
I ordered and have the Jackpot slip on's on my 09 ultra. I would like to get the louder baffle's. Are there performance issues? What do I have to do. I did not know I had this option. PM me. Thanks.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:28 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by IRready
Jamie,
I ordered and have the Jackpot slip on's on my 09 ultra. I would like to get the louder baffle's. Are there performance issues? What do I have to do. I did not know I had this option. PM me. Thanks.
You can contact us at 877-729-4754 for the larger baffle. Performance is the best with our standard baffle, our larger baffle it is a bit louder at the expense of about 2HP/3Tq.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply Jamie. I think I will stay with what I have rather than give up performance. Although I would like a bit more rumble I like the way they perform.