Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few new pics w/18" wheel and KW fender

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:09 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by joe98
She just keeps getting better and better GliderXXX. Now stop torturing us with your beautiful pictures. I would love to hear that monster running some day, maybe even a burnout. How about a sound posting sometime ? Keep up the good work, looks great!
I'm picking up the standard baffle/muffler tomorrow or Wednesday to swap out from the quiet. I need a little more bite with my torque As usual I'll keep both cause if I've learned anything it's that I it's highly likely I may change my mind I will do a 10.5:1 CR back to back sound byte with both the quiet and the standard after I pick it up.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:13 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Abnmarine
Love that color! I went with 18" myself after hearing that they rode a bit softer than the 21" front. Either choice is a winner.
One of the things I found out amongst my little experiments, or as my wife calls it, my disease, is that there isn't a WHOLE lot of difference in ride quality between the 18 or 21 surprisingly enough. It looks like there would be, but once you move away from the fat 16's, the 18 and 21 low profiles have much more in common than the 16's.
How's that 124" working out for ya?

Old 12-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Looks awesome.

Please tell us you have a pic of PhilM riding your bike in clogs!!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 07:24 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Looks awesome.

Please tell us you have a pic of PhilM riding your bike in clogs!!!!
Well he wasn't exactly there on HIS bike and he DID have socks on and the ride wasn't planned. Maybe they weren't clogs, some kind of slip on...oh hell I better just move along, but gotta say I was mighty impressed for sure.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:26 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by GliderXXX
I'm picking up the standard baffle/muffler tomorrow or Wednesday to swap out from the quiet. I need a little more bite with my torque As usual I'll keep both cause if I've learned anything it's that I it's highly likely I may change my mind I will do a 10.5:1 CR back to back sound byte with both the quiet and the standard after I pick it up.

First off, LOVE your bike. Awesome mix of powdercoat and chrome. I've been wanting to do my engine guard and all. I can see now that it looks great with the lowers.

Second, ummm where are you getting the baffle and how much are they? I need to pick up a quite baffle for my fatcat. Little too much "Bite" for the neighbors!

Thanks!

lp

Old 12-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Conehead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one nice looking glide!! I didn't think motorized vehicles were allowed in the park! Ha! You better hang on to that thing when you twist the throttle.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:59 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp
First off, LOVE your bike. Awesome mix of powdercoat and chrome. I've been wanting to do my engine guard and all. I can see now that it looks great with the lowers.

Second, ummm where are you getting the baffle and how much are they? I need to pick up a quite baffle for my fatcat. Little too much "Bite" for the neighbors!

Thanks!

lp
LP...my first thought was that if you wanted my quiet baffle, give me a couple of weeks or so to find out if I'll be keeping the standard baffle on after I install it, and then I'd flip it to you at a good price, but I'm getting the entire black muffler, with the idea that I could swap them on and off as desired. When I take a trip of length I can run the quiet baffle etc.
Call Steve at AMS in Ft. Worth. 817-656-7400. He is a great guy and can get whatever you want from D&D, or just call them directly. I was just at D&D a couple of weeks ago picking up a Fatcat heatshield for someone on my way home from work and the warehouse if full to the brim with baffles, mufflers and pipes.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:09 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by GliderXXX
LP...my first thought was that if you wanted my quiet baffle, give me a couple of weeks or so to find out if I'll be keeping the standard baffle on after I install it, and then I'd flip it to you at a good price, but I'm getting the entire black muffler, with the idea that I could swap them on and off as desired. When I take a trip of length I can run the quiet baffle etc.
Call Steve at AMS in Ft. Worth. 817-656-7400. He is a great guy and can get whatever you want from D&D, or just call them directly. I was just at D&D a couple of weeks ago picking up a Fatcat heatshield for someone on my way home from work and the warehouse if full to the brim with baffles, mufflers and pipes.
Hey thanks! I'll give him a call. I'd like to have both baffles like you, should I decide to go back to the standard one later. So thanks for the lead. Again, great bike you have. I like new fender and the 18" rim. Although a 21 is smokin, I'd rather have comfort as well. Just more stuff to add to the list...

lp

Old 12-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Glide,

That's a sweet looking ride, whether 18s or 21s. I personally think that the 18s look a little more sinister, which seems more in keeping with the overall theme. At least that's the theme I see!
I like it alot!

Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look-in real good triple X

Quick Reply: Few new pics w/18" wheel and KW fender