Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seer helmet headset

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:44 AM
RnR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Seer helmet headset

Hi,

I'm thinking about ordering a Seer S1602 with the communication adaptor. Has anyone used this with HD's intercom/CB? Would I need an adaptor for the Seer jack to work? Was thinking about using some Uniden headset earphones I have kicking around with it. I was going to put the headset that comes with the bike in my wife's full face Arai. I know I should probably just talk to someone at Seer about this. Just thought I would tap into the enormous HD Forum knowledge base first.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 12-28-2008, 10:10 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The Seer is a great helmet, comfortable enough to wear all day long. The communictions adapters are basically plastic covers that attach to the helmet straps and have pockets and mounting areas for the speakers and boom mic. They do not come with the boom mic and speakers, that are traditionally setcom or pvp communictions sets which are commonly used in law enforcement. Seer does sell setcom and will setup the helmet complete with the adapters and communictions.

BUT...

The communictions from those companyies headsets would run a couple of hundred dollars more and would be geared towards voice communictions and use their connections that would not fit the HD. With that being said, I believe you could make a HD or J and M work with the adapter.

Hope that helps.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:54 PM
RnR
Advanced

Thanks for the info. Doesn't come with the mic eh. Hmm, hundred clams seems a little steep for a couple of ear patches and mic mount. I do like their helmets though. Should be able to figure something out. Their website mentions that the adaptor must be ordered with the helmet.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:49 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RnR
...... Their website mentions that the adaptor must be ordered with the helmet.
That is because they install the male portion of the snaps on the helmet straps.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:52 AM
captsam54
Road Master

I love my Seer.. We (our MC) are always thinking about the best way to communicate from Road Captain to Road Guards (or tailgunner etc.) We would be looking for a self contained hands free system that doesn't plug into the bike.. and fits the Seer setup.. I know they make something for the Motorcycle Cops, but I always saw them plugged in..

HHMM..

Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just dont buy the helmet that isnt suspended inside.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:02 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the 1602s, one great helmet. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:23 PM
RnR
Advanced

Originally Posted by rocknrod
Just dont buy the helmet that isnt suspended inside.
I thought the Cushion Pad Interior would be best. The Brushed Nylon Interior sits right on the head. It didn't seem like a good option.

Rob

Old 12-29-2008, 12:24 PM
RnR
Advanced

Originally Posted by captsam54
I love my Seer.. We (our MC) are always thinking about the best way to communicate from Road Captain to Road Guards (or tailgunner etc.) We would be looking for a self contained hands free system that doesn't plug into the bike.. and fits the Seer setup.. I know they make something for the Motorcycle Cops, but I always saw them plugged in..

HHMM..
There's a shop an hour and a half drive from me that stocks them. Once their Christmas break is over I'll slide by and check them out. They also sell HD. I will see what they have to offer in the way of comm setup. I'll let you know if they have any wireless suggestions.

Rob

Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
RnR
Advanced

Originally Posted by tima
I've got the 1602s, one great helmet. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for.
Agree, they look to make an awesome lid. I like the strap that goes at the back of the wearer's head, to keep the helmet from sliding forward. Plus they're mostly manufactured in America. It's good to keep the money as close to home as possible. Still don't think the price is crazy. My wife spent over $700 on her "on sale" Arai. Mind you it's a full face DOT/Snell.

Rob

Quick Reply: Seer helmet headset