Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSSM Security- How does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:23 PM
tommarbru
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSSM Security- How does it work?

How is the TSSM system different from non-factory systems such as the Digital Guard Dog and the FBI Security System. As I understand it they all use a proximity fob that disables the starter. In the aftermarket systems you replace the starter relay with one that receives a signal from the fob that activates the relay. What else does the OEM system disable? Does it somehow disable the fuel injection system and if so, how is that accomplished? Is the module connected to the ECM? If you have the V&H Fuel Pac which is mated to the ECM, how do you add the TSSM, if that is what is done?

Old 12-27-2008, 09:27 PM
DZLDR
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the way it was explained to me is that it works through the ECM. Your fuel pac will have no ill effect on it. If the battery dies in the FOB, then there is a code that can be accessed through use of the bikes turn signal switches that will allow the bike to start. It's all in your owners manual.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:21 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cannot tell you how it works, I just know it does.... and it works very well. I have it on my 08 FLHRC. Yup, now all you have to do is keep a card with the code and the magic used to hit left, right, left, right all together now.... left, left... Sounds like a march to me... I keep a card in my wallet.