Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painted Inner Fairing on Pewter

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 02:41 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Painted Inner Fairing on Pewter

I was at one of the Dealers this morning, (and damn near got blown off the road on the way home-talkin 45MPH gust's here in DFW), and saw a vivid black FLHX with a gloss black painted inner fairing right next to a new Denim Pewter. It was pretty easy to get a feel for what the gloss black inner fairing would look like on my pewter bike. I've got gloss black lowers, engine guards, levers, etc., basically throughout the bike, and was thinking the black painted fairing might look better than the pewter matched one. I'd add black 12" wide glide bars and some kind of cool black mirrors at the same time. Opinions are appreciated!

Old 12-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Big L
Road Warrior

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts

I think it would look bad *** on the pewter color, plus with the added black mirrors and bars. It would help break up all the pewter up top like you have on the lower half of the bike. Be sure to post up some pics when done.
Roy

Old 12-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

I've posted about this before. I too think a different color inner fairing would look better. Unfortunately, on my 2 vivid black bikes I cant think of what that color would be.

Anyway, with all your black parts...I think your situation is a no brainer...definitely go with the vivid (gloss) black inner.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Vivid black would look great on your bike, especially as you have many blacked out parts. You could also use a vivid black with silver flake added. I agree with your point that matching the color of the bike with an SG can be too much of a single color.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:54 PM
bvette94
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea of the pewter inner fairing on your bike. i would accent everything else with black like the handle bars levers with chrome screws powdercoat the cups vivid black. some black pm renthal grips and maybe the black pm fairing mount mirrors. besides if the inner fairing scratches like the rest of the vivid black the pweter color will have better longevity. JMO

Last edited by bvette94; 12-27-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:06 PM
debay
Tourer

pewter for me, Kick a##

Old 12-27-2008, 06:14 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Vivid black would look great on your bike, especially as you have many blacked out parts. You could also use a vivid black with silver flake added. I agree with your point that matching the color of the bike with an SG can be too much of a single color.
That's an interesting idea! Thanks.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:15 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by brypink
I've posted about this before. I too think a different color inner fairing would look better. Unfortunately, on my 2 vivid black bikes I cant think of what that color would be.

Anyway, with all your black parts...I think your situation is a no brainer...definitely go with the vivid (gloss) black inner.
Pink for black you gotta go black. It looks awesome and can't imagine anything else.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:17 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bvette94
I like the idea of the pewter inner fairing on your bike. i would accent everything else with black like the handle bars levers with chrome screws powdercoat the cups vivid black. some black pm renthal grips and maybe the black pm fairing mount mirrors. besides if the inner fairing scratches like the rest of the vivid black the pweter color will have better longevity. JMO
I had thought of that too. The gloss black mirrors, (I'd do the external ones in replace of the faring mounts), handles bars, and Renthals. What are meaning when you say the cups?

Old 12-27-2008, 06:26 PM
bvette94
Tourer

I mean the hand controls. get rid of the dull black that will fade and make it shiney. i am not sure what kind of handle bars you are thinking of but pm makes a sweet fairing mount mirror. they offer it in black and chrome.if your hands wont be in the way check them out. i did handle bar mirrors on my old bike and my current bike because of the wild1 575 bars. i love the bars but the stock mirrors didnt work for me because of hand placement. i believe the pm mirrors are a little wider that might offer more view. i dont have the extra funds to try them to see.i have pics of my bike with handle bar mirrors and wish the fairing mirrors would work. the pm mirrors are not cheap plastic like the harley ones.

Quick Reply: Painted Inner Fairing on Pewter