Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What model Portable SAT radio do you have.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 07:04 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What model Portable SAT radio do you have.

Looking to see what different model Portable Satellite Radios XM or Sirius people have mounted on their bikes. Post Pictures if you can.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:17 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the sirius mounted with two sided tape over top of the radio (dash) on a Roadglide. Works okay. Ive had problems with the connection between the radio and the mount at times (antenna to be exact). Id op for the best and smallest should I buy another. This one was free, when I called in to cancel my service due to selling a vehicle with a built in sat radio.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:01 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 596 Likes on 314 Posts

I've got an XM SkyFi in a handle bar mount from RAM. It has an internal battery good for about 5 hours, and internal storage of about 5 hours music. Also all the regular XM features.

Can be carried on a plane for example and listen to recorded channel.

It's for sale, by the way. $100 shipped.

I'll get a photo.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:18 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pioneer Inno - I have a cradle in all of my cars too and I can wear this while I mow the grass. It has memory built in so I can load it with MP3's too.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:25 PM
AlleyKatt
Cruiser

I have the Pioneer Inno with a chrome mount and cradle for the bike as well as cradle for the car and home kit. I took it off when I changed my bars. If anyone is looking for one PM me.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

So this Pioneer Inno is self-contained? It's got a built-in antenna and is an XM radio and can accept MP3's also? Does it have a jack to plug into a radio to play through it and/or take ear plugs?

Looks like a nice compact item.

Originally Posted by TheShrink
Pioneer Inno - I have a cradle in all of my cars too and I can wear this while I mow the grass. It has memory built in so I can load it with MP3's too.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:14 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Still trying to figure out how I am going to mount mine. I have the Xpress R and too much crap on my handlebars already.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:02 AM
cambre04
Advanced

I use the Roady2 with the Cycle Gadget mount on the Ram handle bar and arm system. It plugs into the I/P jack on the radio. Easy to see and reach the programmed push buttons to change stations. The display is also easy to see.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 AM
merlin41
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the Delphi Roady XT on Ram mount. I like the built in FM transmitter so I don't have to plug it in to the bike radio - just tune to the right frequency.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:17 AM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My XM radio is the Audiovox Express EZ. I bought a two pouch dash bag from HD, placed the EZ in one pouch and the antenna with the sure connect wires in the other. Used the aux jack to connect to my radio. I am not one to change stations a lot so I preset the 3 or 4 I listen to and if I want to change , lift the bag flap and scroll through and select as I ride. I have also installed another acc. plug in the fairing on the right side, adjacent to the tach. I plug the EZ into that plug. I was concerned that the acc. plug from the factory was so low and the EZ male plug was too long it could hit the tank at a low speed left turn..... that would leave a dent. I'll try and post pictures later today.

I transfer my EZ from the HD to the boat and now its in my garage hooked up to the garage radio. Flea bay has docking stations to plug the EZ into then you can have a portable anywhere xm unit. It sound good too, my BIL bought one for his garage.

Quick Reply: What model Portable SAT radio do you have.