Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What model Portable SAT radio do you have.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sirius Radio

I have,I think its call Star mate from Radio Shack.The service is Sirius.I have it mounted to the left side of the fairing.

Attached Thumbnails What model Portable SAT radio do you have.-karleys-4th-birthday-and-caleb-033-small-.jpg  
Old 12-28-2008, 07:41 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Sirius Starmate Replay, have had this radio for about 4 years now with no problems at all. I swap it between the bike and my car and I also have the boombox for it.

Here is where I mounted it on the bike -

I have it hardwired inside the fairing, and I have the antenna in the tourpak outback.

Steve

Old 12-28-2008, 07:46 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I have a XM SkiFi2 by Delphi. Works great. I wouldn't leave on a long trip, or a short one without it!

Old 12-28-2008, 09:19 PM
AlleyKatt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arizona
So this Pioneer Inno is self-contained?
Yes, It is about the size of a cell phone, has a battery

It's got a built-in antenna and is an XM radio and can accept MP3's also?
It does have an antenna built in. On bike, I used a cradle which charges, uses an external antenna (much better reception) and has an fm modulator to transmit over an fm station. You can either load mp3's on it or record xm music and listen to it later.
Does it have a jack to plug into a radio to play through it and/or take ear plugs?
You can run a line out from the headphone jack to the stereo, but the fm modulator works great. When using it away from the car/bike, you can plug headphones into it.

Mine comes with headphones, a leather carrying case, 2 car kits ( with antennas), a chrome motorcycle mount, a power kit for the bike (rather than using cig lighter) as well as a home kit.

Looks like a nice compact item.
It is nice. I had a piece of velcro strap around mine just to prevent any vibration from cradle on bike. When I got off, I just took it off cradle and slipped in my pocket, just to keep anyone from taking it.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:26 PM
dean
Advanced

I'll be using the XM radio feature incorporated into my Zumo 550. Pics and review as soon as it get it hooked up.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master

Harley Road Tech AL20, XM. Water proof, mounts on the left handle bar and hard wired so it comes on with the ignition. A bit pricey but worth it. Sounds as good as the CD player and never looses reception.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
I have the Sirius Starmate Replay, have had this radio for about 4 years now with no problems at all. I swap it between the bike and my car and I also have the boombox for it.

Here is where I mounted it on the bike -

I have it hardwired inside the fairing, and I have the antenna in the tourpak outback.

Steve
Thanks Steve,

I have the same Starmate and removed it from my car when I got a new 1 with Sirius built in...I've been wondering what to do with my Starmate. How is it mounted, double sided tape?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:41 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Inno does have an internal antenna that is used when it's not in a cradle. When it is in a cradle it uses the typical satellite antenna, which is connected to the cradle along with a power source. The car kit cradle has a built in FM modulator. I have the antenna sitting on top of my radio under the fairing and have never lost reception. I also use the FM modulation to get the tunes to the radio but it does have an earphone jack if you want to run a wire to a radio input.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the Pioneer INNO also, I mounted the car kit in the tour pack, powered from an accessory plug in the trunk and switched from the dash. The Inno antenna transmits with no problem through the tour pack antenna to the radio.

Both the wifes car and mine have Inno's so I just grab one and drop it in the car kit holder in the tour pack and go.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Seener84
Tourer

Ive gotten quite acustomed to the Sirius radio in the truck. I am looking for the best way to get the SG set up, my truck radio is not weatherproof is the worry that I have, does anyone know of a durable sirius radio?

Quick Reply: What model Portable SAT radio do you have.