Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legal Speeding motorcycle dolly

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The Gold Wing demo is interesting. Take a look at it. it allows you to move the bike around much easier than pushing it across the floor.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:56 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also sent an email to Legal Speeding about the possibility of doing a group purchase. I explained what Wheeldock did and how Wheeldock sold several dozen units, (over 50 I believe) in quick order.

If these guys reply to me, I'll be sure to let everyone know.
It sure would be nice to get 20-25% off on this item..

Old 01-25-2009, 07:20 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm ordering a Park-n-Move from Legal Speeding. For $199, it just looks like it it quite handy to own. I pull into a bay of my garage and really have little room to turn the bike around manually, which causes me to try to back my bike out backawards onto a gravel drive. I can do in (I'm a big guy) by getting on the bike and literally pulling her backwards but it is a real effort (especially when into the gravel.) This Park-n-Move (if it works) will allow me to pull straight in when I get home and later turn the bike in place to face back out again by using the dolly.

I also compared the Park-n-Move to the "Saddle" made by Turn-a-Bike and here are my observations.

First, the saddle is roughly $50 more in price

The saddle is aluminum, thats good and bad. For me, I'd rather have the heavier steel of the Park-n-Move product. Besides, once it is assembled, you tend to leave it right on the floor and just roll it around.

I like the casters of the Park-n-Move better and they are bolt through design. The other unit they are fixed in place. If it turns out that I need to raise the Park-n-Move deck up a tad, it appears that you can insert another washer or maybe two between the caster and the deck plate. (Just in case it doesn't get the Harley high enough to lift the rear wheel up.)

Overall, if you look closely at both products, it just looks like the Park-n-Move is a quality item, heavy duty and very well designed. It should be a perfect match for my Wheeldock EZ-UP center stand.
I'll post once I get it in use.

SADDLE By www.turnabike.com

------------------
Park-n-Move by www.LegalSpeeding.com

Last edited by RODEO; 01-25-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:54 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I'll wait for your observations on the product before buying......

The raising of the back wheel is my concern.....Did the company respond to you at all???

Old 01-25-2009, 07:59 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
I'll wait for your observations on the product before buying......

The raising of the back wheel is my concern.....Did the company respond to you at all???
No, no one ever responded. Their loss my opinion. They might have sold 40-50 in short order but will settle for my one for now. The other guys never replied either.

I don't think the rear wheel is an issue. We know that it takes 1/2" of plywood under the center stand to get the rear wheel up and this Park-n-Move looks to be about 3/8" already, if not the 1/2" so if anything I can adjust the casters with washers OR add a thin piece of wood to the deck. I am confident this will be a useful item for me.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RODEO
No, no one ever responded. Their loss my opinion. They might have sold 40-50 in short order but will settle for my one for now. The other guys never replied either.

I don't think the rear wheel is an issue. We know that it takes 1/2" of plywood under the center stand to get the rear wheel up and this Park-n-Move looks to be about 3/8" already, if not the 1/2" so if anything I can adjust the casters with washers OR add a thin piece of wood to the deck. I am confident this will be a useful item for me.
I'm going to wait and see what your feedback is once you've got it in and have used it for a while. Sounds interesting, but I'd prefer to have positive feedback from a forum member before taking the plunge myself.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Rollon
Road Master

I've found that with my center stand i can easily put the bike up on a 1/2" piece of plywood.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:11 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, my "Park-N-Move" arrived today and here's a quick update.

First, this thing is well packaged and a snap to assemble. It is much heavier duty then I expected, with heavy steel (nicely wrinkle painted) and good solid heavy duty casters. As I assembled it (all of 5-6 minutes) it very much reminded me of the quality that was evident when I unpacked and assembled my Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stand. It's that good. That was the good news.

The bad news is I cant raise my bike onto this stand, no way, no how. Now I'm a big strong guy and it looks like it wants to go, but it just don't. It appears that the base is about 1/2" off the floor, so that should be ideal but unless I'm missing some technique, I couldn't do it. Mind you, I only had a few minutes to try tonight as I am leaving town for a few days and before I go I intend to shoot off an email to the manufacturer explaining the problem and see if he has any suggestions. I really hope to make this item work as it would be soooo useful for me to be able to turn the bike around in place. So, I'll give another update when I come back and after I hear from Legal Speeding.

I planned to make a quick video too for others to see here and still will if this gets figured out. And if not, up for sale it will go to someone with a Gold Wing or similar....

(In thinking about it, maybe it's a tad too high, maybe it's higher then 1/2" off the floor, and maybe by putting down some thin material under the wheels themselves like 1/8" paneling, it may work. I'll try that when I get home. I'll betcha thats all is wrong. Just a nudge too high for all that weight. I can leave the paneling shims in place on the floor, get her on the dolly, spin her around and take it back off again ready to ride. man I hope thats all is required to make it work..)

Last edited by RODEO; 02-04-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:39 PM
tbrenan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw this at a trade show a year ago, at that time they said that if your bike did NOT have a centre stand it would not work----I liked the idea but no good for Dyna's, they were 150.00 at the show, $125.00 ea for a pair

Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Rollon
Road Master

Rodeo, i don't have a problem getting my bike up on 1/2' plywood. Can you do that? if so, is there a difference in the plywood ( really 3/8" probably) and the Park-n-move height?

Quick Reply: Legal Speeding motorcycle dolly