Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheeldock vs. Rivco Centerstand

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:31 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vrodb
I was just snooping around and ran across this thread and wanted to say thanks to all my customers who have posted so many good reviews. It clock just went ding and it is now 2009, Happy New Year to all you guys and thanks for your support.
Rod,

Any chance of a sale on the stands for HD Forum members again?

Brent.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:30 AM
vrodb
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ga4boats
Rod,

Any chance of a sale on the stands for HD Forum members again?

Brent.

Brent,
You have asked a good question and I will try to answer it but here is a little perspective.
One of the things any manufacturer needs to be careful about is discounting the retail price when also having a dealer network. Unless I can drop the price to the dealers as well it is very unfair to lower just the retail pricing for folks who buy directly from me. As a sponsor on this forum I considered the group buy offer as your combined dealer order with multiple shipping addresses. I feel like my dealers who support my company are very important and I want to support these folks as much as possible. Protecting their margins Is one way I can support them. The list of dealers who go to the rallies are posted on my site here: http://wheeldock.com/showsched-EZ.shtml I will be adding to the list of rallies for 09 as I get the information from these guys in the next few weeks.

Now to answer your question:

I am sure we will have an annual Christmas offer to forum members as a groups buy next year at least.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:04 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rod B. Thanks for your stand. It work perfectly on my 09 Ultra. I bought a shorter stand. Put an air ride system on. Now I just drive up. Drop the stand and hit the down button on my air system. Bike drops down on the stand and I walk away. When I leave I hit the up button and the stand folds up and off I go. Perfect for me, I am real lazy.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:18 AM
timhdfl
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at the Wheeldock stand while at Street Vibrations. Had been considering a stand for a long time, and after trying this one out in person, I had it installed. I use it daily and never have any trouble getting the bike on the stand. Easy as can be. Probably the most functional money I've spent so far.

That length of plywood in the bag for those roadside emergencies is a great idea! Thanks for that! Don't know why I hadn't thought of it.