Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheeldock vs. Rivco Centerstand

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:26 PM
crp5
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't say much about the Rivco, but can tell you how great the Wheeldock is. 10-15 minutes to install and you are off. The fit and finish are fantastic. I couldn't get over how good this thing looked straight out of the box. Very beefy! My 09 SG pops right up on the stand even with me on the bike. I can see how a 1 x 4 piece of pine would get the rear off of the ground for maintenance.

I will also add that Rod (owner of Wheeldock and forum sponsor) is one hell of a guy. He makes a great product and stands behind it.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:08 AM
sortasuave
Tourer

Originally Posted by LiveLifeLarge
Can you keep the kickstand on the bike as well as the wheeldock?
Sure can.

The center stands in question both go near the passenger floorboards and do not interfere with the kickstand in any way.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Got the Rivco on my Road Glide and love it, very good quality chrome on it works easy and makes cleaning the rear wheel a breeze and god forbid I have a flat on the road plugging it will be much easier, because knowing me I would have forgot my piece of plywood with the wheeldock Both are Quality centerstands just depends on what you want a centerstand to do for you.
Another vote for the Wheeldock. Quality equipment, easy operation and simple install. Gotta admit that I know nothing about the Rivco.

And thanks to Gilbos44 for the plywood idea. I just went out to the shop and cut two 3 inch X 3 inch pieces of plywood, wrapped a little tape around-em and tossed them in the tourpack. They won't take up hardly any room and I'll have-em to put under the Wheeldock pads if there's ever a need.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:36 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got a wheeldock on my '09. I like it because I can put the bike on the center stand while still seated. And ride off the stand when it's time to go. Installation takes about a minute.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:58 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another happy camper with the Wheeldock on a 09 Ultra. Very easy to use and that is important if you use it as must as I do. As stated, easy to install, looks great on the bike and product and service are great. if you order one it will probably come in 2 days like mine.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:40 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Clint55
Another vote for the Wheeldock. Quality equipment, easy operation and simple install. Gotta admit that I know nothing about the Rivco.

And thanks to Gilbos44 for the plywood idea. I just went out to the shop and cut two 3 inch X 3 inch pieces of plywood, wrapped a little tape around-em and tossed them in the tourpack. They won't take up hardly any room and I'll have-em to put under the Wheeldock pads if there's ever a need.
Great idea! I have a piece in the garage for use as needed but I never thought of tossing two small pieces into my saddle bags just in case.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:12 AM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

Can either one of these be installed with a suspension stabilizer like Bagger Brace or the others?

Old 12-26-2008, 09:15 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can on the missing link style (the kind I have) not really sure about the other types but I'm sure someone will chime in on that! Plywood in the saddlebags would be a good idea Hope everyone had a great Christmas! With lots of centerstands! LOL!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

I'm leaning toward the Rivco stand because I don't want to carry a plywood spacer to lift the rear wheel.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Clint and SNS!

How about cutting a piece of wood to fit the lenth of you hardbags. Might even be able to cut one to fit in the longer groove and use the goofy floor space-divit-hole-gap-air space....?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Quick Reply: Wheeldock vs. Rivco Centerstand