Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 SE Road Glide rear fender facia

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 03:27 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by timberland
My dealer says the SERG fender is availble and for the same price as the FLHX fender, $238 list, primed. The SERG facia....$260 ish,( YIKES! ) and its back ordered til 09 sometime. The right or left light assembly to mount into the facia are close to $200 each. Better part of $700 for the SERG look. Orrrrrrr, you can buy a FLHX 09 facia for $56 list primed.

I am waiting until the MoCo comes back to work on Jan 5, 09. Then they can tell my dealer how long this back order is going to be before I order.
HARLEY GREEDY MTF!!!!!!!!!! hope they fold

Old 12-26-2008, 06:49 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

FWIW, both backordered items are showing in stock at HD of Bowling Green KY in case you need to order them from another dealer.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:05 AM
09FLHXJNK
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flhx parts

I have a 2009 FLHX that doesnt run I will sell parts off of to make payments.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Whatyardwork
Advanced

My dealer says the SERG fender is availble and for the same price as the FLHX fender, $238 list, primed. The SERG facia....$260 ish,( YIKES! ) and its back ordered til 09 sometime. The right or left light assembly to mount into the facia are close to $200 each. Better part of $700 for the SERG look. Orrrrrrr, you can buy a FLHX 09 facia for $56 list primed.

I am waiting until the MoCo comes back to work on Jan 5, 09. Then they can tell my dealer how long this back order is going to be before I order.
I almost feel bad for anyone who has a SERG, they better hope they never need a rear fender cause they'll be SOL.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:30 AM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Whatyardwork
I almost feel bad for anyone who has a SERG, they better hope they never need a rear fender cause they'll be SOL.
Because its a 5 week delivery time or because someone like me may order one? I know where a yellow fender is that has more than it's share of dirt under the paint,... and tank... and front fender....so yes I see now why the MoCo is short on fenders...it's by their own f 'up on painting them in a dirt parking lot. If the MoCo was trying to recreate the nostalgic look in the paint from 1903, they succeeded. I offered to buy the fender, dealer said it had to be sent back to the MoCo. It would look better if I painted it black.

Only difference is the FLH fenders have a hole for the tail light. Thats easy to fix with a wire welder. I ordered the FLHX fender, so there is one more SERG fender in the pile for the MoCo to practice their skill on. I am impatient and didn't want to wait or hold someone up on letting the MoCo give it their best one more time on another set of tins.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

I'm gonna have to keep a list of those numbers so if I ever can get a new bike I'll have em. Love the look of that rear fender! Come on LOTTO!
Jerry

Old 12-27-2008, 07:49 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 09FLHXJNK
I have a 2009 FLHX that doesnt run I will sell parts off of to make payments.
How much for your rear fender/skirt and tail light/turnsignal assembly?

Old 12-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Timberland, good luck with the project.

If I had an '09 RG or SG for that matter, I'd be making the swap--sell the SG take-off to Timvan and reduce the cost of the SE RG parts cost--easy job.

Narrowing an SE RG fender to fit an '08 frame may not be so easy.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:44 AM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Harleypingman,....Its just metal.

timvan...dont feed the troll. I mean, "it" has 2 post what do you really think?

Jerry L...you and me meet at Jenny's office in Lansing and split the Lotto, Then we both can do our part on fixing our economy.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Harleypingman,....Its just metal.

timvan...dont feed the troll. I mean, "it" has 2 post what do you really think?

Jerry L...you and me meet at Jenny's office in Lansing and split the Lotto, Then we both can do our part on fixing our economy.
Sounds like a plan! LOL. I'm all for fixing the economy. We'd do our part, wouldn't we!
Jerry

Quick Reply: 09 SE Road Glide rear fender facia