Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB vs. Achievement

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 08:56 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look, it's bad enough that a controvery exists between those who ride Harley's and those who ride Metrics and others. Why start or go looking for yet another controversy. We are all brought together in a common bond of riding on two (or three) wheels, fair weather garage queens and mileage hounds alike. It doesn't matter what your age is , color, sex, finiancial status, marital status, race, creed or religion either. Besides, I think what you term as the "RUB" is more common and likely the majority today then you might ever believe. Who cares.. Just Ride! Happy Holidays!

Last edited by RODEO; 12-25-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:03 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps the term RUB should only be used when the Harley owner is only interrested in the bike as a status symbol. Rich, poor and all those in between should be able to ride and enjoy the Harley they can afford without being labeled as a snob or a fake.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:03 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

Would you classify wealthy 1%ers as RUB's?

Old 12-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Glideguy08
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call me what you want. I have a blue collar job and work 40 + a week. I own a home and have a 401 k (ouch). So I am not rich. Some of my best friends are in a 1% local outlaw club. I don't care if your rich or poor if you ride a Harley or Honda long as you ride safe and sober around me and my wife lets ride.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Conehead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ultraandroadking
My philosophy is that if you have worked hard and gained success you owe nobody an explanation or apology. Let them deal with their issues. This is America, land of opportunity for all, but unfortunately too many choose not to take advantage of those opportunities.
I agree with Ultraandroadking, just ride with whomever you want, wave at whoever you chose and have fun. No need to apologize or explain. Call us what you want, but I can bet most of us will have a smile on our face and will be enjoying ourselves! Merry Christmas RUBS, Brothers, Sisters, metrics and HARLEYS!!

Old 12-25-2008, 09:32 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

exactly -- I remember 33 years ago hanging out with friends doing nothing -- I decided to join the army--that was the start of me becoming a black rub -- my friends could not understand why I would do something so foolish --5 years in the Army, 10 years at University of Maryland-day and night school (paid for by my unlce) = a very generous income today -- I have been riding bikes off and on all my life--beginning with a Taco 33--it was 3hp mini bike with rear brake only
Originally Posted by Ultraandroadking
My philosophy is that if you have worked hard and gained success you owe nobody an explanation or apology. Let them deal with their issues. This is America, land of opportunity for all, but unfortunately too many choose not to take advantage of those opportunities.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:36 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a mirbsob, "Middle Income Rural Biken Son Of a Bi*%h And I treat anyone how they treat me. I'm a member of a couple of Veteran oraginazations and I don't know who has money and who don't and don't care! Merry Christmas and let's ride!!!!!

Old 12-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the term probably came about when some guy's, with a boatload of extra cash, walked into a Harley dealer bought a bike, loaded it up with accessories, had someone install/tune/test it, bought all the HD clothing, joined all the clubs, and still couldn't ride and/or didn't understand what it meant to have the wind blowin in your face! In other words more a show then a passion.

But when it comes right down to it, we all have done at least some of these things. The BIG difference is I think we can at least ride and do understand it?

I know rich guy's who can out ride me and are committed to motorcycling.
I also know a few unfortunate souls who bought a bike they couldn't afford or ride.
And everything in between!
For me at least - if you can ride or are learning to (wife), and have a passion for motorcycles, your a biker. Plain and simple! No other accronyms need apply.

Now if your an "a$$hole" that's a whole different story!

Old 12-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Wish I was RUB, I would buy 6 more Harley's ( one for each day of the week) and everyone can call Me whatever, while I'm riding with a Big Grin on My Face

Old 12-25-2008, 10:01 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If someone buys a Bike because Dick Jones (any make) down the street bought one and 5 years later he sells it with 500 miles on it, then so be it. he discovered he was not a rider. RUB is a made up term by the weekend warriors that ride to the bar on Saturdays to make themselves feel better. I know a lot of them and when I ask them to go for a ride, they say you go to far. OK fine that's their gig who am I to say any different.

There is no such thing as a RUB, only Riders and Non-Riders.

Quick Reply: RUB vs. Achievement