Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pike's Peak

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:35 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by fatboy4447
i'm riding there this summer....going to hit pikes peak, continental divide and the coors brewery hahah .... what other places are there to see in colorado?
Was in Colorado last summer. Ouray is an awesome ride, maybe down to 4 corners

Old 12-25-2008, 12:55 PM
07FLHRCMarinePatriot
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fatboy4447
i'm riding there this summer....going to hit pikes peak, continental divide and the coors brewery hahah .... what other places are there to see in colorado?
On the way to the Pikes Peak Hwy (heading west from Colo Springs on hwy 24) you can exit at Manitou Springs and take a short side trip through Garden of the Gods. It's a great photo op and beautiful on a sunny day.
As far as the continental divide I highly recommend the Gunnison to Montrose loop (149 to South Fork, 160 to Pagosa Springs - a great mexican food place there right on the river/hot springs, continue 160 to Durango - nice HD dealership right off hwy, 550 up thru Silverton and Ouray - absolutely stunning ride, all the way up to Montrose - nice Holiday Inn there). That whole trip is 6-7 hrs depending on length of stops.
And, no matter what the forecast pack as if you're gonna be on the beach and the Arctic on the same day! Weather can change on a dime when you're up in elevation putting snow on the ground on a perfect day in July. And, watch the corners - pea gravel always a possibility.

Here's some pics of that ride. Sorry about the size of the one pic, but shrinking it further would be an injustice!

Garden of the Gods

Target Peak

Weminuche Wilderness

Ouray

Attached Thumbnails Pike's Peak-gog1.jpg   Pike's Peak-weminuche-wilderness-2.jpg   Pike's Peak-targetpeak2.jpg   Pike's Peak-ouray1.jpg  
Old 12-25-2008, 02:25 PM
fatboy4447
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07FLHRCMarinePatriot
On the way to the Pikes Peak Hwy (heading west from Colo Springs on hwy 24) you can exit at Manitou Springs and take a short side trip through Garden of the Gods. It's a great photo op and beautiful on a sunny day.
As far as the continental divide I highly recommend the Gunnison to Montrose loop (149 to South Fork, 160 to Pagosa Springs - a great mexican food place there right on the river/hot springs, continue 160 to Durango - nice HD dealership right off hwy, 550 up thru Silverton and Ouray - absolutely stunning ride, all the way up to Montrose - nice Holiday Inn there). That whole trip is 6-7 hrs depending on length of stops.
And, no matter what the forecast pack as if you're gonna be on the beach and the Arctic on the same day! Weather can change on a dime when you're up in elevation putting snow on the ground on a perfect day in July. And, watch the corners - pea gravel always a possibility.

Here's some pics of that ride. Sorry about the size of the one pic, but shrinking it further would be an injustice!

Garden of the Gods

Target Peak

Weminuche Wilderness

Ouray

wow thats amazing.....it looks beautiful out there. thanks guys

Old 12-25-2008, 09:19 PM
khyber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did it in Jan. 2006; on the other side. Close to the top, I had much less power too.

Attached Thumbnails Pike's Peak-dscn0318.jpg   Pike's Peak-dscn0321.jpg  
Old 12-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Doc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode it last June. My 2007 Ultra did just fine. We were forced off the top due to a snow storm. Be safe and have fun.