Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New 2009 Black Ice/Blue Ice FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Cegusa,

His name is lowridin 'packer'. It's no wonder you saw him under the lights in 'prison'! (Sorry, I coudn't resist!)

Hey Lowridin!

Congrats. Nice ride! Enjoy the hell out it!! Are you really going to leave it at the dealer for the next 6 months? Dude, rent a truck! How are you going to sit next to it, and all the various catalogs of goodies? I'd be dying, not to mention scared to death that the dealer is going to scratch it, or a bulding fire with a two year settlement, or a...... Get the damn bike!!

Last edited by Yachtman; 12-23-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowridin packer
A car hit me October 23. I am fine, minor injuries. The bike was another story and was totaled. I got a nice insurance check and bought my dream bike. These may be the nicest 2 tone colors Harley has ever made. The wife loves the bike too. Tour pack on the way...

Took the pics with the phone. With like 6 feet of snow on the ground, It is at the dealer for a few more months!

I had an 07 Classic. Anyone who says that is the way to go is wrong. I went that route, not the same. The gauges and front and rear fender are totally different, not to mention the lowering. A tour pack is an easy add for 1300.

My advice - buy the real deal.

Ed
Hi Ed,

Congrats on the new ride and glad you came out of your ordeal in one piece. I saw my first "Black Ice" Harley the other day. In this case, and Ultra Classic. One of the guys I work with bought one, another Ultra Classic last week. He's scheduled to take delivery sometime around New Years. While it's not color I'd choose, it's pretty cool. The metal flake really jumps out at you. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the full sun. What I don't understand is how they came up with calling the color black? The one I saw was anything between blue and purple but I didn't see anything black about it. Oh well.

Enjoy & Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hdpearl70
As for the "black is boring" comment, the color really stands out if done right and you don't mind cleaning it after every ride.
And that is exactly why my next bike will not be black. Don't get me wrong, I like the color. I've been sitting on black bikes for 15 years now. I like the color when it's clean but I'm finally getting tired of spending 3 hours making the bike look good, only to have it look pretty much like it did before I started after a 30 minute ride. I'm ready for something different.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:20 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skydoc
WTF, 2-tone paint & pinstripes on a FLHX. Now it need bag rails, bumpers and a puffy seat.
I was just gonna post the same thing. Looks like it belongs on an old decker. Guess with the tour pac you got one now.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Congrats on the new scoot. I missed the part in your original post where you asked for opinions. Glad to see HD offering the SG in a two-tone, though they still need a better design IMO.

As for the guys who prefer black, no tour pak, etc., this is American marketing guys which is why you can run 21/18, Stalker fenders, two-into-one, etc., etc.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:20 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

order it black... and paint it when you are ready and have some sweet ideas for it

nice bike tho

Old 12-24-2008, 01:51 AM
Raptor1956
Tourer

I'm with drocken black is not boring it is the busyist color you spend all your time buffing out visable swirl marks and scratches lol

Old 12-24-2008, 05:13 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Damn nice lookin' ride! Congrats, You'll love it.

Ride safe,

John

Old 12-24-2008, 05:13 AM
nolafishr
Banned

Congrats on the Bike, The Color is Awesome in Sunlight, I got to see a few Bikes in that Color at the Local Dealer and was very impressed with it. Ride Safe!

Old 12-24-2008, 05:33 AM
drocken
Cruiser

Awesome looking color,,(looks alot better on showroom floor or in my basement then the pic tho)

Quick Reply: My New 2009 Black Ice/Blue Ice FLHX