Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock 08 streetglide seat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 01:14 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default stock 08 streetglide seat?

Anyone one know if the 08 streetglide seat is wider than the 08 Roadking classic in the passenger section.I cant find the part# to compare.I like my seat but the spouse complained it may be too narrow for her.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:38 PM
skydoc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock FLHX seat is a poor passenger seat.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:20 PM
AZStrtglide
Advanced

Originally Posted by skydoc
Stock FLHX seat is a poor passenger seat.
Skydoc's correct - FLHX has a very poor seat for the passenger, only has 1 inch of foam if she's lucky. After about 35 minutes my 130 LBS wife complains also about "Numb ....butt", I kinda like she has to lean into me to tell me to pull over.
Yes I know cheap feel for me, but I'm just a guy!

First thing this spring looking for a new seat, looking at mustang, don't need one now she won't ride when it's below 65 degrees.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:23 PM
rick
Road Warrior

Thanks for the response.Any good options in a eat that wuld be comfy for her and at the same time put me down and back somewhat.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master

Personally I like the HD Sundowner (so does the queen)........I have had a mustang and did not like it at all (hard as a brick!!)!!! Same with a Corbin....over priced junk!!! Just my .02.......The most comfortable seat I have ever riden was a saddleman road sofa!! awesome seat but man is it ugly!!

Old 12-23-2008, 02:34 PM
UH60Hwkdrvr
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

A good option might be the Rally Runner Seat. I have looked at it on the Harley Customizer and it appears to have a good bit of padding and will move you down and back. Zannotti's offers 20% off retail. I tried a stock Road Glide seat on my 2008 Street Glide. Although the seat had plenty of padding for me and a passenger, I didn't like how it moved me closer and I always felt a bit cramped. I am 6'1".

I hope this helps.

m.a.c.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
skydoc
Banned

Sundowner: a comfortable/stylish option.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:47 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
Personally I like the HD Sundowner (so does the queen)........I have had a mustang and did not like it at all (hard as a brick!!)!!! Same with a Corbin....over priced junk!!! Just my .02.......The most comfortable seat I have ever riden was a saddleman road sofa!! awesome seat but man is it ugly!!
I have the Mustang, and the wife and I love it. Gotta get one with the driver backrest! The Harley backrests are junk and way to big and bulky. We did 4000 miles/ 2 weeks this last summer on the Mustang, and no complaints here. I do know you have to break in the Mustangs, becuase they are not made with cheap foam like the stock seats are.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:47 PM
marcparnes
Road Captain

Originally Posted by skydoc
Sundowner: a comfortable/stylish option.
+1

Marc

Old 12-23-2008, 02:53 PM
AZStrtglide
Advanced

Originally Posted by UH60Hwkdrvr
A good option might be the Rally Runner Seat. I have looked at it on the Harley Customizer and it appears to have a good bit of padding and will move you down and back. Zannotti's offers 20% off retail. I tried a stock Road Glide seat on my 2008 Street Glide. Although the seat had plenty of padding for me and a passenger, I didn't like how it moved me closer and I always felt a bit cramped. I am 6'1".

I hope this helps.

m.a.c.
Hope this Helps Chicago HD 25% off just looked up the deep sundowner with FLHX stitching HD MSRP $325 Chicago HD price $260.00.

I think I'm getting a HD seat from the Easter Bunny!
I hope she wears the bunny suit & ears this year!

Quick Reply: stock 08 streetglide seat?