Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Corbin Seat Experience...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:41 PM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry My Corbin Seat Experience...

I ordered a Corbin seat a while back for my new '08 Ultra Classic that I purchased in July. I have a 27" inseam so getting my legs down where I could touch the ground was imperitive! Corbin does what's known as a 'nose-job' at the customer's request...this is a process of keeping the portion of the seat where the inside of your thighs hang as narrow as possible. I ordered my Corbin with a 'nose-job' and deleting the receiver for a future backrest. Now, for some background this is my fourth Corbin seat...and I couldn't be happier! By anybody's standards this is a GREAT seat, but there is far more to this story...

I ordered my Corbin with a phone order...thinking by talking to a 'human' that there would be far less chance of having a 'glitch' in my order. I talked to a rep at the Daytona office and placed my order. They took my $$$ right away (24 hours to post) and it went into Corbin's order system. Well, it took almost 3 months to get my seat delivered with Corbin using the excuse of the 'nose-job' as why it took so long! My other seats never took longer than 4-6 weeks and each one had the infamous 'nose-job' on them! Okay...what the hell...the seat finally showed up one day and all was forgiven! That is until I opened the box and hit the ceiling...the backrest receiver that I had deleted (which eliminates the stupid looking leather flap) when I ordered the seat had been installed at no extra charge to me! Without saying a word my wife calmly took our dogs and went for a long walk...a survival technique she has developed from when I'm wrenching on something in the garage and things start to muck up! You guys who do your own work know exactly what I'm talking about! Anyway, I took my box to the garage to put the seat on my bike to see if 'I could live with it' in spite of the obvious leather flap that I did not want! I walked around the bike numerous times...eyeballing it from every possible angle. I called a couple of my buddies who came over to look at the crisis with me and to help me make a decision. Well, after several hours of looking, sitting and cussing I decided I couldn't live with it...hell, I shouldn't have to! I spent $700.00+ on the seat and pillion and wanted it exactly the way I wanted it! Period, end of story! I called Corbin and pissed a fit...my concern was getting put at the end of the line again while they fixed the problem and of course, I was assured that would not happen...and they had UPS pick it up the next day. Well, I was put at the end of the line and it took almost another 6 weeks to get my seat! But hey...the Corbin Close Solo, just like I had originally ordered it...finally arrived! It took in excess of 4 months to get the final, correct product!

And in case you guys are wondering...I placed 8 telephone calls and sent almost 2 dozen emails during this fiasco. Most calls were answered by an answering machine were never returned or answered...or I was told some crap about someone else handling my order/case and they were out to lunch until next week...well, you know what I'm saying!

Man...I feel a lot better!

Corbin quality...can't beat it! Corbin Customer Service...good luck! Sure, I'll probably order another Corbin whenever I get another HD, but I think I'll take a road trip to the Corbin factory and have it made while me and my S+W wait for it in the lobby!

Thanks for the vent gents...

Steve

Old 12-22-2008, 02:59 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

sounds like a personal problem to me, I love corbin but have always just ordered the regular seats with no modifications. so i never had a problem.

Last edited by leohd; 12-22-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about your ordeal - especially from a company that makes a great product.
I've had 4 Corbin's, on various bikes, since 1987. Great seats IMHO.
But - I've been hearing for the last couple years they're customer service is sorely lacking, even though they're quality is still first class.
Hope they get it together soon or they may not make it through this economic tailspin. Bad news travels faster then good!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member

I agree the customer service at Corbin is horrible--it took me almost 5 months to get a correctly made custom seat for my 07 SG--finally I called my credit card company to file a complaint--magically the seat appeared in days.

Great seat -- it's for sale now (will fit touring models 02 to 07 without rear crashbars)

When I got my new bike I had the dealer order the seat from Corbin it showed up in a month.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you post this, I have been looking for a new seat for wife's heritage, this helped.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
badblue
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Lyn where is your seat for sale at? If you do not have it posted somewhere can you send me the info. Thanks Jeff (badblue)

Old 12-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SCJE8

Corbin quality...can't beat it!

Steve
I can't say I was any more impressed with the quality of Corbin over any of the other seats I've had. I,ve had 2 and there won't be a third.

Rick

Old 12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SCJE8
I ordered a Corbin seat a while back for my new '08 Ultra Classic that I purchased in July. I have a 27" inseam so getting my legs down where I could touch the ground was imperitive! Corbin does what's known as a 'nose-job' at the customer's request...this is a process of keeping the portion of the seat where the inside of your thighs hang as narrow as possible. I ordered my Corbin with a 'nose-job' and deleting the receiver for a future backrest. Now, for some background this is my fourth Corbin seat...and I couldn't be happier! By anybody's standards this is a GREAT seat, but there is far more to this story...

I ordered my Corbin with a phone order...thinking by talking to a 'human' that there would be far less chance of having a 'glitch' in my order. I talked to a rep at the Daytona office and placed my order. They took my $$$ right away (24 hours to post) and it went into Corbin's order system. Well, it took almost 3 months to get my seat delivered with Corbin using the excuse of the 'nose-job' as why it took so long! My other seats never took longer than 4-6 weeks and each one had the infamous 'nose-job' on them! Okay...what the hell...the seat finally showed up one day and all was forgiven! That is until I opened the box and hit the ceiling...the backrest receiver that I had deleted (which eliminates the stupid looking leather flap) when I ordered the seat had been installed at no extra charge to me! Without saying a word my wife calmly took our dogs and went for a long walk...a survival technique she has developed from when I'm wrenching on something in the garage and things start to muck up! You guys who do your own work know exactly what I'm talking about! Anyway, I took my box to the garage to put the seat on my bike to see if 'I could live with it' in spite of the obvious leather flap that I did not want! I walked around the bike numerous times...eyeballing it from every possible angle. I called a couple of my buddies who came over to look at the crisis with me and to help me make a decision. Well, after several hours of looking, sitting and cussing I decided I couldn't live with it...hell, I shouldn't have to! I spent $700.00+ on the seat and pillion and wanted it exactly the way I wanted it! Period, end of story! I called Corbin and pissed a fit...my concern was getting put at the end of the line again while they fixed the problem and of course, I was assured that would not happen...and they had UPS pick it up the next day. Well, I was put at the end of the line and it took almost another 6 weeks to get my seat! But hey...the Corbin Close Solo, just like I had originally ordered it...finally arrived! It took in excess of 4 months to get the final, correct product!

And in case you guys are wondering...I placed 8 telephone calls and sent almost 2 dozen emails during this fiasco. Most calls were answered by an answering machine were never returned or answered...or I was told some crap about someone else handling my order/case and they were out to lunch until next week...well, you know what I'm saying!

Man...I feel a lot better!

Corbin quality...can't beat it! Corbin Customer Service...good luck! Sure, I'll probably order another Corbin whenever I get another HD, but I think I'll take a road trip to the Corbin factory and have it made while me and my S+W wait for it in the lobby!

Thanks for the vent gents...

Steve

Sucks it took so long and the problems you had to get it right.

I have the luxury of living about 75 miles from their Hollister plant. Had mine custom made while I waited. Took a little over 6 hours but they kept trimming, then i ride it, trim some more, shape a little here, trim a llitle there but it was perfect when they finished. Truly a one of a kind. That was 8 years ago and it's still going strong.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought mine via a dealer to save a few bucks. That didn't work real well either....

Old 12-22-2008, 09:34 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member

here is the craigslist add for the seat http://atlanta.craigslist.org/mcy/936653044.html

Originally Posted by badblue
Hey Lyn where is your seat for sale at? If you do not have it posted somewhere can you send me the info. Thanks Jeff (badblue)

Quick Reply: My Corbin Seat Experience...