Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Center Fairing 16K Mile User Review with Roadtrip Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RK Ivan
Very good review!! I have been looking and looking at the Dead Center, Dragonfly, Quadzilla, Tsuyaku...on and on. You are right about the slight forward lean, I noticed that too!

Your bike looks great with it.

Buzz
Buzz I love the look of your bike... it is Orange and Black, correct? And I assume that you had it painted. I was thinking about that exact paint scheme for my bike, but now I'm going back and forth with maybe painting it flat black and go old school on it. Anyway, your bike looks awesome man!!! Post a few pics of it for me so that I can see a bigger picture of it.

Thanks, Ralph

Old 03-16-2009, 10:47 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
I've got the DC Fairing, and I sent you a PM with a question on mounting the wings. Thanks for the review and the pix.
I've responded to your PM. You use a nut from the inside of the fairing. The wings are just cheap (37 dollar) Harley Wind deflectors. They will come with the bolts, but you will need to have the nuts. The DC fairing came with the nuts, but if you don't have them you can go buy some at the local hardware store.

Good luck, Ralph

Old 03-16-2009, 10:49 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Originally Posted by Arizona
Great review thanks for taking the time to offer it. A viable option for those who want a detachable fairing on the RK...

PS: How is the install? How long does it take to swap it on and off? I assume it's sturdy and holds solid at freeway speeds?
- Install took about 40 minutes to an hour to install the harness. Just take your time and don't worry if it takes you more or less ... just do a nice job.

- The fairing comes on and off almost as easily as your stock windshield.

- very sturdy you don't have to worry about it flying off at even up to 120 mph.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks for the review....appreciate your down-to-earth comments on what appears to be a good product. I'll certainly remember your post when I decide to drop some cash on a fairing.

Ride safe.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:10 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Thanks for the review....appreciate your down-to-earth comments on what appears to be a good product. I'll certainly remember your post when I decide to drop some cash on a fairing.

Ride safe.
Glad I could help people out with the review. I also love the look of your bike Whiskers... I'm going to add the nastalgic bag rails in the next few weeks... they really set our classics off!

Take care, Ralph

Old 03-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Lowside
Advanced

Thanks for the great review Ralph. I've been leaning toward the DC and this helps with my decision.

Ted - Denver
2006 Road King

Old 03-17-2009, 06:53 AM
NAMVET
Tourer

Originally Posted by scarygt
The fairing looks great on your bike... and man those are some giant apes... are those 18 inches??? When it is cold outside your knuckles will go numb with those babies! LOL
Yes 18", I live near Ocean City. Md. We only get a few weeks of real cold weather. If it gets that cold, I aint riding .

Old 03-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you are enjoying yours. I only have about 10,000 miles on my Firebagger fairing
(now Tsukayu). Other than loosing a speaker grill once I have had no issues and seldom remove it. I ordered mine stereo ready and put the stereo system of my choice into it. I wanted componet speakers.
Note to those putting in their own system. When shopping for a stereo take your riding gloves when trying different units in a store. You want to be able to work the controls wihout taking thegloves off while riding.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:26 PM
NAMVET
Tourer

Looks good

Old 03-20-2009, 09:00 AM
MarkThomas
Cruiser

Hey Scary-

Couple of quick questions (thanks for taking the time):

1) Could the "stock" HD windshield bag on my RKC windshield be used above the radio if I added a bolt there for it?

2) Could you remove the speaker grills without taking the fairing apart? The reason I ask is that I would most likely want to paint those myself and am curious how easy they would be to remove.

3) Since to do #1, I would probably have to take the fairing apart anyway, do you have any experience in taking it apart? Just curious how easy/difficult that may be.

4) Windshield options...looks like you have an aftermarkey shield on yours, but which windshield came with the fairing initially? I am having a hard time deciding which windshield would be best as I do like the way my RKC's windshield works now and want about the same coverage when I get a fairing, but don't want it to look too ridiculous and tall.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Dead Center Fairing 16K Mile User Review with Roadtrip Pics!