Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time out camper

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 06:51 AM
autoxr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time out camper

Anyone here use one.Was wondering how it pulled? Easy or a pain in the a$$ to use.Getting tired of sleeping on the ground.But $3500.00 would pay for a lot of hotel rooms

Old 12-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is what I am going with. So I can stay with the light traveling of a tent and stay off the ground and more comfortable. If you just want to get off the ground I think it is worth a try. Going to Daytona and I will be camping and using this cot and a sleeping bag. Can easily carry Bag, tent, and cot on my Street glide. Just a thought for ya.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260334039209

Old 12-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Londonbike
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't build a fire in a motel room. My wife and I camp alot using the Ultra as transportation. I was interested in the camping trailer also but have never seen one in person. See a lot of Gold Wings hauling trailers but never the camper one.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:10 AM
campincowboy
Tourer

We purchased a kwik kamp trailer and camped all around colorado this past summer. It pulls great, and slept comfortable. No amenities, just a bed and small area to dress. Storage space to carry all the food and clothing needed for several days camping, just watch weight distribution. Found opurs on Craigslist, just search m/c campers. Expect about 5mpg less when pulling.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:28 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have one of these but have been looking at them at Gander Mountain. http://www.kamprite.com/pages/home

Old 12-21-2008, 08:36 AM
spizzyman
Road Master

After a long day of riding I like to have a long hot shower in a non-communal environment. That spells H-O-T-E-L. Yeah, I'm a sissy but it keeps mama happy and strengthens my odds for a good evening.

spiz

Old 12-21-2008, 08:47 AM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TheShrink
I don't have one of these but have been looking at them at Gander Mountain. http://www.kamprite.com/pages/home
I also have been looking at these...Anyone got any experience
with this product?

Old 12-21-2008, 09:33 AM
jbob
Cruiser

Originally Posted by spizzyman
After a long day of riding I like to have a long hot shower in a non-communal environment. That spells H-O-T-E-L. Yeah, I'm a sissy but it keeps mama happy and strengthens my odds for a good evening.

spiz
I am with you on that one. As one gets up there in the years having a comfortable place to lay your head and a hot shower is a big deal. One of my buds pulled a trailer to Sturgis last year and stayed in a camp ground, he has his reservation in the same lodge we do this year. Go figure.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShrink

Old 12-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Geoff of NV
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Autoxr,
You asked about the Time Out tent trailer and a friend has one that I've pulled and camped in. My bike is an 06 electraglide standard with slipons only. The Time Out is HEAVY! It effectively turned my 5 speed into a 4 speed. 5th was useable on the flat only. However, it is a joy to camp in. The Taj Mahal of campers.
Riding with friends,
Geoff of WA

Quick Reply: Time out camper