Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Radio.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:19 PM
5speedblu
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out "cyclesounds" web site

Old 12-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Jonny Two Guns
Cruiser
Default Windshield Radio

I am pretty picky about esthetics so I looked at several options and finally went with this setup. It sounds pretty good and I think looks pretty good. The only problem I have with it is that I lost my Windshield Bag. So I'm trying to figure out where to put my Garage Door Opener and Cell Phone for quick access.

Oh by the way. I have been called a tight a$$ too. But I call it frugal. I got this setup off eBay for $300 shipped you just have to keep an eye out and wait for the deal.

Hope this helps,

Attached Thumbnails Road King Radio.-iphone-pics-088.jpg   Road King Radio.-iphone-pics-089.jpg   Road King Radio.-iphone-pics-117.jpg   Road King Radio.-iphone-pics-132.jpg   Road King Radio.-iphone-pics-124.jpg  

Old 12-24-2008, 10:30 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had my Road Tech Radio for a few years now, and its been one of teh better additions i've made. Run my Zumo through it utilizing the mp3 capability as well. Got mine from ebay at a tremendous savings under dealer pricing.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:10 AM
autoxr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by skratch
i heard this system on a softail. wasn't impressed at all. no bass, and highly distorted, even at moderate volume.

Mine was very clear at 80 mph with a half helmet!!!

Old 12-25-2008, 03:04 PM
michael lerichel
Novice

hey -try uniquecycle.com-they have handlebar mounted speakers with a kick *** sound even going 80 mph

Old 01-07-2009, 11:28 AM
rgrecco
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny Two Guns
I am pretty picky about esthetics so I looked at several options and finally went with this setup. It sounds pretty good and I think looks pretty good. The only problem I have with it is that I lost my Windshield Bag. So I'm trying to figure out where to put my Garage Door Opener and Cell Phone for quick access.

Oh by the way. I have been called a tight a$$ too. But I call it frugal. I got this setup off eBay for $300 shipped you just have to keep an eye out and wait for the deal.

Hope this helps,

I have the same Set Up... And the sound is Great... I can hear the radio cruising down the slab at 75-80 without a problem... I am NOT a fan of the looks (which is why I am in the market for a fairing...

However... If you are on a tight budget... This is the way to go!!!

Several on e*Bay now for $333.33 ( http://*******.com/a6ruv8 )

Good Luck and ENJOY!!!

RON

Old 01-07-2009, 04:25 PM
wkenddad
Tourer

I could never understand why anyone would want to mount the Harley radio onto a non fairing bike.
The one harley offers looks like you bolted a boom box to your steering head.
And the bikes with the little handlebar mounted speakers look wrong... (My humble opinion)
I think the only way to have a radion or speakers on a bike are with a fairing.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:46 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by michael lerichel
hey -try uniquecycle.com-they have handlebar mounted speakers with a kick *** sound even going 80 mph
Yes, I have this set up, but mounted my speakers to the engine guard. 150 watt amp included gives you plenty of volume, and the speakers sound better than the tiny ones some other companys offer.

Most people don't even notice them untill they hear them.

Attached Thumbnails Road King Radio.-p1010283-resize.jpg  
Old 02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Rudeman422
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DWG Speakers

I actually have a setup from DWG Motorcycle Speakers. http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net I think they look pretty good and they sound great! Even when I ride without a windshield at highway speeds. They are pretty affordable at right around $100. I got mine new on ebay for about $70. The amp is small enough that you can actually fit it in the headlight nacelle. I just use an mp3 player most of the time and have a waterproof fm radio for when it's raining.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick Reply: Road King Radio.