Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HQ107ST build for GliderXXX

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Heathen
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great thread...Very nice bike Gliderxxx

Old 12-21-2008, 08:04 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ForHD
I had the opportunity to meet Phil and Kevin when they were dyno tuning Kevin's bike. The smile on Kevin's face was as large as Texas. This build is a torque monster. Cannot wait to do a build with Phil in the future.

I enjoyed talking to Phil regarding the build. One knowledgeable individual and great guy!

Kevin .. enjoy riding that bike. One piece of advice ... don't smile too much when riding because it will take you all day to pick all the bugs out of your teeth
Hey Ed... I remember when you're trying to decide between dental work and bike builds....you can always get dentures I'll send you the parts list as soon as I get to my scanner at work.
BTW...nice Fatboy!

Old 12-21-2008, 08:11 AM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are those numbers on 91 octane fuel? Can you let us know what kind of mileage your getting after about 3000 miles? I know the fuel mileage is subjective to how you ride, but I'm still curious. Did you change out the stock clutch?

Old 12-21-2008, 08:14 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Heathen
What a great thread...Very nice bike Gliderxxx
Thanks.

I want to make sure and thank Ed at the Dyno Difference in Richardson, TX. I have had no less than a a dozen (or more) various dyno tunes on various bikes by varioius tuners. Some not bad or actually pretty good and some horrible. Ed is one of those tuners that first is a biker, rides a Harley Bagger, with a BIG motor, and GET'S it. He started his business because he just couldn't find the person who could get him want he wanted. He's a full time professional in the semi conducter industry by day and honestly the most detailed and proffesional tuner I've ever had the pleasure to work with. We were there the entire time during the tune and he never failed to stop to answer any questions, give feedback etc. Here's the kicker...I said something to the effect of us playing and him working and he said, "he was playing too!" Translation is while he was obviously very focused on my bike and getting it right, he thorougly enjoys his job. That is where the difference really lies I believe. Great job at the Dyno Difference in Richardson. I'd travel several hundred miles to get a tune from him!

Old 12-21-2008, 08:17 AM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Thumbs up HQ107 is done/no dyno

Thanks for the amazing pictures and write up. Phil, I tip my hat to you sir. I wish I could tear down a motor like that and having screaming in no time. Kevin that is a very cool looking bike. Keep the pictures and info coming, this is what I love most about this forum.
Thanks again guys...Merry Christmas

Old 12-21-2008, 08:19 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Deuces R Wild
Are those numbers on 91 octane fuel? Can you let us know what kind of mileage your getting after about 3000 miles? I know the fuel mileage is subjective to how you ride, but I'm still curious. Did you change out the stock clutch?
Pretty sure that is 93 octane. Phil was kind enough to fill up the tank the morning before I got to his shop before he did the ring seating runs...( I know, once again Phil stepping up,) I'll be happy to let everyone know how the mileage works out. At Phils reccomendation I went with an AIM VPC (Variable Pressure Clutch) #VP 92T. Much stronger clutch engagement during high rev's and a lighter clutch pull at lower rpms.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:50 AM
MODCOBRA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent job and very nice write up!! It is nice that someone will actually take the time to make a post like this to keep all of us entertained and informed. Thanks..........

I cannot recall ever seeing a genuine and bigger smile on someone sitting on a bike. LOL

I was wondering about the driveability?? Being a 107 sport/touring package??

Is this an exchange program as I see the heads are ready for shipment??

Is there a website (link) that will answer more of my dumb questions??

Thanks,

Ben

Old 12-21-2008, 09:14 AM
scooby doo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Ben, go to Head-Quarters.com and read up. I believe they got most of thier parts from there. Heads and jugs for sure.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

HQ Sport Touring 107" build sheet and prices:

http://head-quarters.com/buildsheets...ldfax107st.pdf

Old 12-21-2008, 09:31 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MODCOBRA
Excellent job and very nice write up!! It is nice that someone will actually take the time to make a post like this to keep all of us entertained and informed. Thanks..........

I cannot recall ever seeing a genuine and bigger smile on someone sitting on a bike. LOL

I was wondering about the driveability?? Being a 107 sport/touring package??

Is this an exchange program as I see the heads are ready for shipment??

Is there a website (link) that will answer more of my dumb questions??

Thanks,

Ben
Let's see if I can get back & answer some questions. I feel much better after a good nights sleep now. What a difference a day makes! It was close to 70 degress when we went to the dyno shop yesterday & it's in the low 20's this morning... that's F'ing COLD for us Texans.

Driveability / rideability.... I will say that once these motors are (properly) tuned, they are smoother and more nimble/agile that a stock bike ~ NO BS! I do competition-style "course riding" on my HQ120ST.

Kevin took advantage of HQ's exchange offering for this build. It's like a core charge when you replace the starter on your car. It makes it possible to turn them around real quick.

Info Head-Quarters @ www.head-quarters.com

Quick Reply: HQ107ST build for GliderXXX