Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just watched Ride Like a Pro 5

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:30 PM
turn8a
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley Guy
I've had the Ride Like a Pro II DVD for 4 years. It is great.

I wonder what V has over the II DVD version - anyone know?
this is from the web site

Ride Like a Pro V is a replacement for my first four videos. It includes all the information from Ride Like a Pro I, II, III, IV plus much more. In other words, there is no need to have viewed the first four DVDs to understand the techniques I'll show you in Ride Like a Pro V.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

Two years ago I took my Ultra to Fla and took the class from Jerry, Donna and their son.
I dropped my bike in the class but that was OK. Jerry and his family were great. My wife now rides and we go to the high school parking lot before we take off for our Sunday ride. We both feel so much more confidant after about a half hour of slow practice and maneuvering around light poles and concrete islands in the parking lot.

I can not recommend this DVD high enough you will learn and improve.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:50 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

Does he have a Ride Like a Pro for Snow Mobiles????? Dam winter sucks........

Old 12-21-2008, 03:09 PM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made an iPhone copy of the DVD I bought, so I can go to the parking lot to practice, and review the exercises on the spot.

Definitely worth the money for the video, IMHO. I'm a new rider, and it has helped me a lot, particularly with right turns from stop signs.

Matt

Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 PM
roadking1893
Tourer

My riding experience is nothing to really talked about, all of 14 months. If it wasn't for the DVD I probably would have not got my license. Now before I head out I do couple of the technique in the DVD then head out to the jungle. twic a week as long as it is dry I still go to the local school grounds where I have one of the motor officer course and practice. I think it was mentioned in the DVD that we spent hundreds of dollars on our bike but nothing on how to ride them. This is by far the best invesment I've made as a new rider. Now once a Month we hold slow riding clinic.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:12 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

I have RLaP V and i took the course...I have a local high school parking lot that I sneak iinto, and painted discrete dots where the cones go... I set up the course in minutes, and start practicing.

It is a blast to "parked the wrong way" and whip the RG in a tight circle, while others are "duck walking" their bikes in a U-turn

Old 12-21-2008, 04:45 PM
soundman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by skootchnc
I have RLaP V and i took the course...I have a local high school parking lot that I sneak iinto, and painted discrete dots where the cones go... I set up the course in minutes, and start practicing.

It is a blast to "parked the wrong way" and whip the RG in a tight circle, while others are "duck walking" their bikes in a U-turn
Same here. I kept going to WalMart and getting the flat soccer cones to use. I also painted dots so I could set up quickly. I now have over a hundred cones and all of them fit nicely in one of my saddlebags. I can set the entire course up. I ended up moving up the the motor officer courses shown in the end of the dvd, however, they are hard on the bike because you have to keep the revs up higher to get through. My instructor warned me about that, but I couldn't help myself, I had to try them. I mastered them also, but I had to replace the clutch at 5k. I'm sure the rear brakes will need replacing before long too. It's still nice to not be a duck-walker though.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to find a link on the forums but I wasn't successful. Any of you that ordered recently got a link you could post? What is the DVD going for right now? Any specials on?

Old 12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ridelikeapro.com

Old 12-21-2008, 04:59 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been on 2 wheels for years ( 40 of them ) and a friend ( new to motorcycles ) bought it. I borrowed it thinking it would be good for laugh, and was I surprised. I watched it over and over. I only thought I was good at low speeds.

This DVD is worth the money !

Quick Reply: Just watched Ride Like a Pro 5