Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 AM
UltraEd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Brake Light

Considering installing an additional LED Brake Light under the tour pack on my 08 Ultra Classic. Any recommendations on which LED Brake Light to purchase? I want something extremely bright and will get the attention of other drivers behind me. Have had a few close calls.

Thanks
Ultra Ed

Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You could always add the tour pak spoiler. That has the LED brake light. There is also one that mounts right at the bottom of the tour pak. Can't recall the maker. I will post it tonight if someone already hasn't by then. Posting mobil right now.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:06 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

I found a new LED brake light on ebay that works great. Came of the rear spoiler from a Lexus I beleive. Looks awesome and I get lots of compliments. I mounted it under my toupak. Just didn't like anything HD or the after market guys had to offer.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ride Time Technology...The guys name is Keith, give em a call and tell him what you want and ask his opinion on the variety of lights he offers. He will gladly help with any installation question you have too. I have the LED tour pak lights, rear fender brake light module, tour pak side marker turn signal adapter, and tour pak brake/run/signal adapter. I ordered the thingy you speak of but elected not to use it as it requires drilling a hole in the tour pak. My scoot lights up like a Christmas tree when I hit the brakes!

Here is a link to his tour pak lights: http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/tpupgrades.htm

Old 12-17-2008, 12:24 PM
tommarbru
Advanced

Check out the LED lights at www.waltersworkshop.com
I just bought some lights from them and they are super to deal with and very knowledgeable. I think they have just what you are looking for.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 PM
meepers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.radiantz.com/cart/index1.html?c5.html&1

Radiantz have some of the best LED's on the planet.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:09 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is extremely bright! http://www.radiantz.com/cart/239.html I have this installed and even in direct sunlight, you can't miss it.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been researching the same thing and really like the Radiantz 14.7" tourpack light which is mounted on the rear of the tourpack.
The Hoglite setup goes under the tourpack http://www.hoglite.com/.
If you're shy about drilling holes in the tourpack , the Hoglite may be less stressful when you drill.
Feedback on both setups are very good here at the forum.
I think the wife may have gotten me the Hoglite for christmas , time will tell.....
Mick

Old 12-17-2008, 05:28 PM
ssihogdog
Road Captain

Looked at a similar set for the Ultra, but decided to replace the stock tailight with a BrightAssLight. 20 some combinations/brightness levels, so bright I'd hate to be behind me at night with this thing. Put one on both my scoots.

http://www.brightasslights.com/site/...ypage.tpl.html

Old 12-17-2008, 05:40 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I found one on ebay for 20 bucks.Came off a mid 90 suberban or S-10 blasar.Got some dupli-color from auto parts that closes match the lava red and its super bright.Mounted on top of the tour pak so the dummies that tail gate you can see it.

Quick Reply: LED Brake Light