Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your thoughts RG or UC

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008 | 07:43 AM
DAP
|
Stage IV
Default Need your thoughts RG or UC

This is my first post guys so be easy on me. I rode both bikes and love them both. I like the ride of the glide a little better but the UC has a few more options I may use down the road. Wife has made it clear no more bikes in the near future since this will be my sixth and first Harley. Which would you choose and why?

Old 12-17-2008 | 07:46 AM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior

If you truly like the RG more then get it. The UC additions can be put on as needed and money allows.

Old 12-17-2008 | 07:51 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

You will never regret buying and owning the Road Glide. AND once you do own one, you probably will own nothing but again. Not hype, the simple truth. BUY what speaks to YOU though.

Old 12-17-2008 | 07:52 AM
spizzyman
Road Master

Buy the RGUC that I know they are hiding back there somewhere.

Seriously, it is a tough choice. I love the RG but I also love the Ultra. Putting a tour pak on the RG tends to take away from the reasons I would want to own one in the first place. That streamlined look disappears.

Perhaps if the wife decides not to ride, my second bike will be the RG.

I know that does not help much but at least you know you are not alone. :-)

spiz

Old 12-17-2008 | 07:54 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

You may just see the "RGUC" for 2010 too! Then I'll want one! (maybe)

Old 12-17-2008 | 07:58 AM
bullseye
Road Captain

I've had both and I know own a RG. Like the other poster said, you can add all the options such as hard lowers and trunk now or later.

Old 12-17-2008 | 07:59 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

It will never be cheaper to go first class than right now. These options may be added later but you will pay early for each one. I have the UC for the 3rd time and still very happy. My 98 RK was a nice scooter but it was a dog compared to comfort for momma and me compared to the UC

Old 12-17-2008 | 08:06 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Are you going to ride solo or two-up? If two-up allot, then the UC is a viable choice. If the trunk and rear seat cushions are that important, then the UC might be best, although you can likely get your dealer to give you a good discount on your first accessory purchases such as the rear rack, trunk etc right from the start too.

Just remember, options can always be added later and thats the fun part of owning a Harley. But the initial "feel" is something you have to live with so if you yourself notice a difference and like one slightly more then the other on the road, then that should factor in big time to your decision.

Last edited by RODEO; 12-17-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-17-2008 | 08:07 AM
DAP
|
Stage IV

Thanks for you guys input. I might as well go and ride them again to make my final decision

Old 12-17-2008 | 08:11 AM
DAP
|
Stage IV

I do alot of solo and she jumps on every now and then but the daughter is going away to school so our time on the bike will increase. I just love the lines of the RG but the comfort of the UC makes it a more sensible option. But hell who uses common sense???

Quick Reply: Need your thoughts RG or UC