Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your thoughts RG or UC

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008 | 10:57 AM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member

Rent both

Ride both

Buy one

Old 12-17-2008 | 11:01 AM
caymen8
Tourer

I've got the detachable tour pak for my RG, which turns it from cool cruiser to full-on tourer in 15 seconds. Best of both worlds, plus you see a lot less RG's on the road.

Old 12-17-2008 | 11:10 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Is that the "Secret Society of Ugly Bike owners Club"? J/K, just went through the same process, think the RG rides better, one up atleast. Went with the UC because I am becoming a Geezer soon, just got the bike that will fit my personality in a few years.

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
Come back and let us know how you decided and what color etc you ordered. Us Road Glide owners have a "secret society" and will need to know if we can share the secret hand shake with you or not.

Old 12-17-2008 | 11:15 AM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member

The Road Glide is the best looking and riding bike that Harley makes! Road Glide all the way!!

Old 12-17-2008 | 11:22 AM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Is that the "Secret Society of Ugly Bike owners Club"? J/K, just went through the same process, think the RG rides better, one up atleast. Went with the UC because I am becoming a Geezer soon, just got the bike that will fit my personality in a few years.
No, I think it's a "secret society" because of trying to keep
anyone from knowing that it's a RG. The secret handshake is
that you have to put on rubber shark handling gloves before
touching. Just kidding it's a Harley and to each his own.
Ride Safe!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Old 12-17-2008 | 01:00 PM
DRAFT1
Tourer

Originally Posted by DAP
This is my first post guys so be easy on me. I rode both bikes and love them both. I like the ride of the glide a little better but the UC has a few more options I may use down the road. Wife has made it clear no more bikes in the near future since this will be my sixth and first Harley. Which would you choose and why?
I debated this same issue before buying. I road sport touring bikes, particulary Kawasaki Concouses, Honda ST1100s and ST1300s. My wife traveled with me on these bikes, so we needed the intercom and cb. I was used to the open cockpit. I road my brothers Ultra and could not get used to the dash being so close. Just didn't feel right to me. I shopped for a good deal on a Road Glide and found one for a very good price. This allowed me to take the extra cash and start buying all of the items that are on the Ultra. I will tell you that it will cost you between $2,500 to $3,000 to add ultra tour pak, intercom/cb and lowers. I shopped a lot of stuff off of ebay and saved some cash. I don't regret doing it. I ended up having less in this bike than what an equivilant Ultra would have cost. Don't be afraid to shop around in a tri-state area. Lots of good deals on low milage used bikes right now. Hope this helps, good luck.

Old 12-17-2008 | 01:51 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Bluesssman
The Road Glide is the best looking and riding bike that Harley makes! Road Glide all the way!!
And just WHAT do you base that on?

Old 12-17-2008 | 02:11 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior

I would ride a Street Glide before any decision. Lowered, handles better. Looks much better than a RG...

Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-17-2008 | 04:03 PM
Gambler1
Cruiser

Buy the one you like the best.

Old 12-17-2008 | 04:52 PM
rfultra
Road Master

You can't beat the comfort of the Ultra. Wouldn't own anything else, but would be the first to tell you congrats on either one. Tough choice.

Quick Reply: Need your thoughts RG or UC