Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for those that don't know on an Ultra...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Korbenw7p3c
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default for those that don't know on an Ultra...

... I've read about some of you that complain that their radio don't quite play loud enough. Well, if you set the AVC (automatic volume control) up to 3 or 4 bars, it will blast you off the bike! Found that out very early in ownership. Just a heads up regulators!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:41 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good post!

Mine Rocks! I love my stock stereo and the AVC works nicely!
Plenty loud and great sounding .. (And I'm a big fan of music while riding)

Old 12-17-2008, 07:52 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

hmm, mine is loud enough when I am riding but too low when I stop at a light. I will put in J&M front speakers hope to get rid of distortion, also have XM module on the way.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:14 AM
timbakersr
Cruiser

I found that riding long distance anyway ear plugs are great at keeping the stress level down and you still hear the deep rumble of your bike. This is a fact that wind and noice will wear you out.
So I have the best of both worlds I use these cool earphones that STICK in you ear so they dont blow out and listen to my ipod that clips to my vest or where ever.
That way I have the music that I LIKE and no noise. If you have ever listen to music with earphones then you know what I'm talking about the sound and clearity is outstanding!
I can't understand why people by these stereo upgrades and stuff for all that money and it can't even campare to my 50.00 Ipod shuffel. ha
Try it you'll see what I'm talk'n about.
It's worth mentioning that I ride solo NEVER two up. This would be rude with a passanger unless she had her own. he he!
My radio never comes on anymore. And yes I know that the ipod can plug right in to the radio, been there done that. It blows compared to the way I'm doing it.
I travel to Fl a lot and it's like I'm in my car. I just get into the zone!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:15 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

stock '05 radio... and I have the AVC as well.... a little too loud after a interstate blast... but with thumb controls.... what's the big deal???

Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 AM
kjmorgan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timbakersr
I found that riding long distance anyway ear plugs are great at keeping the stress level down and you still hear the deep rumble of your bike. This is a fact that wind and noice will wear you out.
So I have the best of both worlds I use these cool earphones that STICK in you ear so they dont blow out and listen to my ipod that clips to my vest or where ever.
That way I have the music that I LIKE and no noise. If you have ever listen to music with earphones then you know what I'm talking about the sound and clearity is outstanding!
I can't understand why people by these stereo upgrades and stuff for all that money and it can't even campare to my 50.00 Ipod shuffel. ha
Try it you'll see what I'm talk'n about.
It's worth mentioning that I ride solo NEVER two up. This would be rude with a passanger unless she had her own. he he!
My radio never comes on anymore. And yes I know that the ipod can plug right in to the radio, been there done that. It blows compared to the way I'm doing it.
I travel to Fl a lot and it's like I'm in my car. I just get into the zone!

I tried this and didn't like it. No doubt the sound quality is better but I like being able to listen to music and still hear sirens, tires screeching, horns, etc. I felt too cut off from my riding environment with music earplugs in place.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:30 AM
ArgyleRider
Tourer

[quote=timbakersr;4245640]I found that riding long distance anyway ear plugs are great at keeping the stress level down and you still hear the deep rumble of your bike. This is a fact that wind and noice will wear you out.
So I have the best of both worlds I use these cool earphones that STICK in you ear so they dont blow out and listen to my ipod that clips to my vest or where ever....

Be careful if you come to California. Driving anything while wearing 2 earphones or plugs is illegal here.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:44 AM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain

Originally Posted by skootchnc
stock '05 radio... and I have the AVC as well.... a little too loud after a interstate blast... but with thumb controls.... what's the big deal???
I agree with what he said !!!! Ride Safe

Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 AM
sooie
Tourer

[QUOTE=Argyle Rider;4245690]
Originally Posted by timbakersr
I found that riding long distance anyway ear plugs are great at keeping the stress level down and you still hear the deep rumble of your bike. This is a fact that wind and noise will wear you out.
So I have the best of both worlds I use these cool earphones that STICK in you ear so they don't blow out and listen to my ipod that clips to my vest or where ever....

Be careful if you come to California. Driving anything while wearing 2 earphones or plugs is illegal here.
really ??
my wife is deaf ! will they give her a ticket ? for ear plugs

Last edited by sooie; 12-18-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a tad bit hearing impared so I just replaced the stock speakers with J & M. Everything is fine now.

Quick Reply: for those that don't know on an Ultra...