Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow saftey vest

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Reef Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow saftey vest

I've recently joined the ranks of my club's Road Captain crew. We are required to wear yellow saftey vests during the group rides.

I was given a yellow safety vest, however, it's extremely thin and flaps around like crazy at high speed. On the last ride I thought the damn thing was going to fly right off me...

I've been looking around the internet searching for a high vis yellow saftey vest that would be of a heavy material and substantial. I found a few (icon mil spec) but I was hoping to get some good feedback from you guys as to what you all have found works for you.

Thanks,

Matt

Old 12-16-2008, 08:10 AM
rfultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any way to stick some velcro strips on your vest? Might keep it from flapping in the wind.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:23 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

I thought those things only came with BMW's and 50cc scooters

Old 12-16-2008, 09:18 AM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 12-16-2008, 09:44 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you said yellow, but can it be orange. I have to wear one on post. I picked up one made by Scorpion that actually doesn't look bad. google Scorpion motorcycle vest and you should find it

Old 12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Reef Rider
I've recently joined the ranks of my club's Road Captain crew. We are required to wear yellow saftey vests during the group rides.

I was given a yellow safety vest, however, it's extremely thin and flaps around like crazy at high speed. On the last ride I thought the damn thing was going to fly right off me...

I've been looking around the internet searching for a high vis yellow saftey vest that would be of a heavy material and substantial. I found a few (icon mil spec) but I was hoping to get some good feedback from you guys as to what you all have found works for you.

Thanks,

Matt
ICON makes a heavy duty safety vest... many HD dealers carry them, as do metrics... Military bases require them. You could also try a construction/survey supply company... they also have them... be forewarned... you'll pay at least $40

Old 12-16-2008, 10:28 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

What "group" makes you wear a Yellow Vest as Road Captain?

Also, you may want to check in with the Gold Wingers as many of them all wear that stuff, not just Road Captains.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Silverstone
Tourer

Ours have velcro on the front but some of the guys have had a heavy duty black zip stiched on.
Aire Valley Chapter UK. avhog.co.uk

Old 12-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Reef Rider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
What "group" makes you wear a Yellow Vest as Road Captain?

Also, you may want to check in with the Gold Wingers as many of them all wear that stuff, not just Road Captains.
I ride with our local HOG Chapter, Seminole-HOG in Central Fl. This is a very large chapter with many active members that ride as a group quite often. The requirement for RC's is to wear yellow vests.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
HawgriderPa
Road Captain

you might check with your local police dept to see where they get the school crossing guard vests - they come in orange and yellow.. and you can get them without lettering

Quick Reply: Yellow saftey vest