Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I bought some Gerbing's today

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:27 PM
timbakersr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought some Gerbing's today

I got the jacket liner and gloves. Wow do these things get hot. I will tell you that these gerbings are like gold right now. Try finding some of their stuff its hard and used even tougher.
They don't come off the price much either! I was lucky and found mine from a little old lady that got divorced and she kept her gear but really didn't know what it was worth so I took advatage of that. he he!
But of course she didn't have the battery wire or controller so I had to throw down big time and get the dual controller and battery harness plus a couple of pigtails etc...
Still saved money but now that I see how wonderful this stuff is I need the pants too. Now here is where the big money comes in 229.00 is the price everywhere. Have not seen any used yet.
So now I can ride any where anytime with the exception of ice. Love it!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with the Gerbings folks at the IMS in Seattle. They don't like to deal. I will agree. I love the stuff but am not used to spending $170.00 on a pair of gloves. Add the wife and it could be $1100.00 before making it out the door.

spiz

Old 12-15-2008, 09:42 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got my stuff last week. Sure is nice, 44 here today and nice and warm.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:17 AM
ucommbxny
Road Master

check out this site for some good prices on gerbing
http://heatedclothingoutlet.com/index.shtml

Old 12-16-2008, 03:21 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just be careful on some of the discount stores. Their stock could be of the older style flat plugs verses the coax type. Their clothing has a date on the inside. I found some older ones at a Honda dealer that was more than 3 years old, with the flat plugs. Just food for thought.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:50 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

The outlet CLEARLY states they may be discontinued, old styles....but they WILL come with pig tails etc...
Grand Prix motorsports in Littleton CO was the first (and only) place I've seen Gerbings discounted (20%) but that will end on Dec 31 ... oh yeah free shipping too
http://www.grandprixmotorsports.com/default.asp yes they ARE a metric dealer... but Gerbings are US made

Yes... Gerbings, Warm N safe, and tourmaster heated gear IS pricey..... and yes you will spend a alot of cash... but open that box of gloves you have in the garage, and pull out all of those gloves you've bought over the years..... when I added up all the money I've pee'd away on gloves that never really kept me warm ( plus hippo hands, pluss chemical hand warmers) I'd have been better off buying the gerbings in the first place... at FULL retail...

Old 12-16-2008, 07:54 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

+1 i have the whole get up and its the best thing since slice bread. very toasty and makes year round riding easy

Old 12-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Dustball
Road Master

Originally Posted by skootchnc
The outlet CLEARLY states they may be discontinued, old styles....but they WILL come with pig tails etc...
Grand Prix motorsports in Littleton CO was the first (and only) place I've seen Gerbings discounted (20%) but that will end on Dec 31 ... oh yeah free shipping too
http://www.grandprixmotorsports.com/default.asp yes they ARE a metric dealer... but Gerbings are US made

Yes... Gerbings, Warm N safe, and tourmaster heated gear IS pricey..... and yes you will spend a alot of cash... but open that box of gloves you have in the garage, and pull out all of those gloves you've bought over the years..... when I added up all the money I've pee'd away on gloves that never really kept me warm ( plus hippo hands, pluss chemical hand warmers) I'd have been better off buying the gerbings in the first place... at FULL retail...
Big AMEN on that. Last week I was traveling from the eastern Sierra to Arizona and got caught in that nasty storm system that blew through. Drove through almost 400 miles of cold blowing rain, including 40 miles of snow and slush -- ugly weather to be riding in. My Gerbings heated jacket liner under a Fox Creek Commander jacket with H-D high visibility rain suit over the top kept me warm and dry on a very low thermostat setting. Unfortunately my hands and feet didn't fare as well, but mail order will soon remedy that...

Old 12-24-2008, 01:38 AM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rock92
+1 i have the whole get up and its the best thing since slice bread. very toasty and makes year round riding easy
+2 Got my gerbing jacket and pants last week... Ain't never ride cold again..

It was a 750+mile ride in cold fog two weeks ago that made me spend the money for the Gerbings... Well worth the money... Now I can ride in a tee shirt gerbing jacket and leather coat...

Old 12-25-2008, 08:32 AM
mchildree
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
... but Gerbings are US made...
Hate to break this to ya...my new G3 gloves are Made In China.

Quick Reply: I bought some Gerbing's today