Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I bought some Gerbing's today

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:33 AM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Rather than using the Gerbings controller, I mounted a permanent power plug in the left side plastic cover. Also, mounted a Heatroller, both towards the top of the cover, so I can easily reach the Heatroller while riding.

The problem I had with the Gerbings portable controller was that it attached to my belt "under" my jacket. I had to pull over to change settings, not easy sometimes. Plus it was a bit more of a hassle when getting ready.

I use a single controller for all three items (liner or jacket, G3 gloves, and pant liner). I find the realtive temps to fine, so I don't need separate controllers.

Just a thought.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:27 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by gregbenner
The problem I had with the Gerbings portable controller was that it attached to my belt "under" my jacket. I had to pull over to change settings, not easy sometimes. Plus it was a bit more of a hassle when getting ready.
I clip mine to the top of my chaps, as if it is cold enough for heated clothing it's cold enough for chaps. I may eventually disassemble the single controller, if it can be done, and mount it to the fairing or elsewhere. I'm balking because I don't like to drill holes or otherwise permanently deface items on a bike.

I use a single controller for all three items (liner or jacket, G3 gloves, and pant liner). I find the realtive temps to fine, so I don't need separate controllers.
I've been using only Gerbings Classic gloves with a single controller, but just ordered a HD jacket liner (made by Gerbing). Two of my friends use the liner and gloves on a single controller and find it acceptable, as do some who've reported on this forum--you being one. I also ordered the HD "Y" adapter to merge the glove and liner circuits to the HD liner, which are independent. Is that the way you wired it, or does your liner have only one circuit for liner and gloves?

I found the HD liner to be a bargain ($165) when coupled with Chicago HD's 25%-off-one-item sale going on till Dec. 31st. It has Gerbings Nanowire technology that Gerbing won't incorporate in their own line till next year. It looks like a winner as far as I can tell.