Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 09:09 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Saddlebag Poll

I just went from leather to plastic. Much better IMO.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:51 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DragonNester

Get rid of the leather bags, lace-up wheels, the passing lamps and the wide whitewalls. Get rid of all references to the term "Classic".
I agree Dragon. That's why I bought a 'Classic.' I liked all the things you mentioned. Why buy a Classic? I would have bought the Standard if I didn't want the Classic look.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5900/519686472A2B4DEF8B214C1D27F9DF57.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-30-2007, 08:29 AM
sknyfats
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of those "go with what YOU want"type of things when it boils down to it.

Fact is - leather bags most definitely DO hold more. Plus - they're a bit flexible - so you can cram & jam things in better and the give in the leather allows you to fit "odd items" to boot (you wouldn't believe the stuff I've carried in my bags....firewood...chainsaws...etc)

Secondly - I saw people talking about the locking ability of the hard bags. Ok - this might be nice to keep the average kepto out of your bags - but for anyone in the know who wants to - getting into locked hard bags can be done quicker than getting into the leather bags with no lock! Thieves have a way of popping those suckers off in seconds - search previous posts to read about all the stolen bags - not just the contents, but the bags themselves. Leather - you have to undo 2 straps to get in'em(although I'm sure someone could just cut the straps - but you get the idea). There isn't much more added security - except to the contents of the bags and the curious/average klepto.

My personal opinion is to go with what looks best to suit your tastes. In my case, leather is the way to go - the old school style - not the Custom leathers. Plus my buddies with hard bags are always bitching about scratches, the lids fly open, etc etc. Leather is much more durable & forgiving.