Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 04:33 AM
Candy Red Road Glide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saddlebag Poll

I am with the minority on this the leather bags on the RK Classic will hold more than the hard bags at least on my 02 RKC they would being as they will bulge out a little and with the adjustable buckles you can accomodate the bulge. I do think the hard bags look better but that is up to individual interpretation.

Old 04-11-2006, 05:38 AM
2006streetglide
Road Captain

No questions about it...hard bags are the only way to go. ...but in the end you have to be happy so personal preference may supercede what the majority says [&:]

Old 04-11-2006, 01:18 PM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UGGA is right, the RKC bags will hold a lot. Hard bags will be easily interchangeable unless you have the HD quick-disconnect sissy bar. When that is installed a spacer is put on the rear bag bracket that moves the bag away from the fender so the bag will open all the way and not be hampered by the sissy bar upright..
I picked up a set of used police bags and side covers for a summer project. They will be painted two-tone to match the scoot. Swapping them with the leather will mean taking the spacer off the bracket. Not as fast as I hoped for but the look should be OK.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:25 PM
wingt50dw
Road Master

I love my fiberglass bags, especially the locks. I have never had leather bags, but I have been told that the F-glass bags are much more weatherproof b/c the leather bags tend to leak sometimes, but this only hearsay I really don't know that for a fact..

Old 04-11-2006, 01:27 PM
FlashG
Intermediate

I have had both the Classic bags and the hard bags. Me thinks the leather covered Classic bags hold more and the lids are easier to open. But I prefer the looks of the hard bags and the hard bags are easier to maintain.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:43 PM
roadkingcurley
Intermediate

I have a 2003 Road King. I have both the hard bags and the custom bags. I hardly ever put the custom bags on unless I'm going on a trip. They hold more. They're wider.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

My leather bags look better
My leather bags hold more
My leather bags LOCK

Old 04-11-2006, 05:20 PM
DragonNester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get rid of the leather bags, lace-up wheels, the passing lamps and the wide whitewalls. Get rid of all references to the term "Classic".

Old 04-11-2006, 05:33 PM
HogBack
Road Master

A lot of help we are... in the end it is what you like....this boils down to a preference on looks...and if you like what you have you can be happy...if you do not like the look... you can be unhappy...

Old 04-11-2006, 05:34 PM
spartns
Road Master

I guess the major reason I got a Classic was the leather, Love the look. As for treating the bags, I suspect I can treat my bags in the time it takes to wax hard bags. Not ever having hard bags, I don't know about capacity. I do know that I can get a lot of stuff in "em.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag Poll