Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about the FullSac TD conversion kit....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:55 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Question about the FullSac TD conversion kit....

It tells you to reverse (?) the heat shields on the R/H head pipe. Does anyone have a pic of the heatshields installed this way. And are you happy with the way they look?

Thanks

Old 12-20-2008, 09:21 AM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Bumped up with an additional question....

Can I do the Full sac conversion without a fuel management system or hi-flo air cleaner?

Old 12-20-2008, 10:33 AM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the conversion on my bike and the shields look "ok" as long as you don't really stare at them. My buds just noticed how clean the right side of the bike looks now. I ran the conversion this summer with just the Nightrider XIEDs and it ran quite nicely. However towards the end of the year I started to pick up a little preignition and went ahead and installed the A/C and the Pro SERT and had it dynoed. The bike runs even better now. I will ride it and "fine tune" it next summer and if I decide I need more a set of cams are next!

I have suggested to Steve over at FullSac that they market a replacement set of shield, it would clean up the right side very nicely. BTW, FullSac has some of the best customer service out there. Really outstanding folks!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:01 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
Can I do the Full sac conversion without a fuel management system or hi-flo air cleaner?
You wouldn't need a hi-flo air cleaner, but since you do need to address the different fueling needs of the two cylinders as compared to with the stock exhaust, you may as well get the air cleaner too, address both fueling changes at once, and enjoy both the running experience and the knowledge/security that you're doing the right thing. Whichever tuning system you go with (TTS is really the best bang per dollar; heck, the best bang available) it must be able to tune the two cylinders different from each other.

I guess I thought I'd shown you this graphic before, but in any event, note the different "topography" between the airflow mappings for "touring" and "dual" exhausts in http://i33.tinypic.com/1zps6lu.png (made using the two respective base maps included with the last version of the SERT software).

Last edited by glens; 12-20-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:57 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Trust me no one notices.

Attached Thumbnails Question about the FullSac TD conversion kit....-pipes1-11-.jpg  
Old 12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the fullsac duals and they work great easy to install you lose the pipe from
under the front seat i did have to buy a heat shield to cover the exposed pipe i
used a 18in flamed shield with the screaming eagles mufflers sounds great
ride safe

Old 12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Sgt York
Tourer

If you do a Full sac conversion, do you have to change the stock slip-ons?

Old 12-22-2008, 03:47 AM
CrashX
Tourer

nope, you can keep the stock mufflers, all your doing is eliminating the y pipe off the rear cylinder.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:01 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

You should clarify that statement a little. If the stock mufflers are the same internally from side-to-side, then you'll be okay converting the system to dual pipes. The '07+ touring bikes have different cans left/right and there's no way I'd use them for duals.

Rush 2" baffles aren't EPA-approved but the sound is hard to beat.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Sgt York
Tourer

Originally Posted by glens
You should clarify that statement a little. If the stock mufflers are the same internally from side-to-side, then you'll be okay converting the system to dual pipes. The '07+ touring bikes have different cans left/right and there's no way I'd use them for duals.

Rush 2" baffles aren't EPA-approved but the sound is hard to beat.
Thanks glens. I went with 2009 SE slipons. They look to be the same from both ends.

Quick Reply: Question about the FullSac TD conversion kit....