Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunder Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:47 PM
cfoster80
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beary
I sat on the TM bagger the other day and was amazed by its balance. You could pick it up with your pinky finger. I asked the dealer how they did that, he pointed to the right side belt drive. It made enough of an impression that I would almost consider that for a mod on my Road King.

Beary
Ive seen a couple of them before they are sporty looking bikes. The bagger TM cycle is a softtail from what i remember (i could be wrong) i wonder how well this would really handle then? It may feel balanced but i also wonder how your back and butt would feel after a 400 mile trip riding a softtail 240 tire bike if what i said is true?

Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

i was at the david mann chopper fest last sunday and they had a few custom bikes

for sale the prices where unbelievable rang from $10.000 to$18.000 these were

show bikes one of a kind i see great deals at the long beach swapmeet too if your

shopping for a custom you got to check it out-ride safe

Old 12-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick! Where's Leohd so he can bash someone for posting a non-harley related topic! One that even indicates it's not HD related in the subject line!

The NERVE of some people, I tell ya!

See: "tongue in cheek"

Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 AM
tmblweed
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cfoster80
Ive seen a couple of them before they are sporty looking bikes. The bagger TM cycle is a softtail from what i remember (i could be wrong) i wonder how well this would really handle then? It may feel balanced but i also wonder how your back and butt would feel after a 400 mile trip riding a softtail 240 tire bike if what i said is true?
Maybe the dealers know that after seeing these bikes and the prices on them the other Harleys on the floor will look that much better and maybe not so expensive after all..

heres a link to the manufacturer
http://www.thundermountaincustoms.com/frontier.htm

Last edited by tmblweed; 12-16-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:50 AM
rfultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better be pretty nice, to warrant that much of a price difference.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:07 AM
tmblweed
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Phurion
Quick! Where's Leohd so he can bash someone for posting a non-harley related topic! One that even indicates it's not HD related in the subject line!

The NERVE of some people, I tell ya!

See: "tongue in cheek"
"laffs"...these are Harleys man....just like the Steven Tyler Bikes.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:44 PM
tzman
Cruiser

I have a TMCC 240 Blackhawk and its real nice bike. It is 90% Harley with a lot of chrome and a 103 SE. They put out a great bike.Thunder Mountain-jaimie-and-tmcc103.jpg

Old 08-22-2009, 04:29 PM
austinharley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tmblweed
Not true, they come with a HD warranty, 2 years I think.
I just looked at a Keystone today. They do NOT come with a HD warranty. They have a 1 year warranty from TM, not HD. Very nice bike, though! Best of both worlds: unique enough that you won't see copies everywhere you go, yet the reliability of the Harley engine. The one I checked out had the SE103 (many have the 110) with a Baker 6-speed and Heartland seat. It fit like it was designed for me... sitting IN the bike, not ON it! They quoted me $36K before TTL... $40K out the door, but offered to knock off $4-5K to make a deal happen soon. That would put it around $35K, which is about what I'd put into a Softail, with mods. I'd seriously consider one in the future!

Last edited by austinharley; 08-22-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Eric Moore
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I dont think the thunder mtn looks better than my big dog pitbull, I only gave 21 K for my new 07 pitbull & my bike has a S&S 117 more bike for half the money $$ but hen I got a good price

Old 08-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by tmblweed
The TM Sportsters Ray has are about $25,000...with the Touring bike and others running about $43,000.
OUCH!! For $43,000, I believe I can have enough work done to my 2007 EGC, have a pretty nice ride and some change left over.

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain