Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Like a Pro IV

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006 | 02:10 PM
axe11
|
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Like a Pro IV

I mentioned in the thread about picking up a dropped bagger the Ride Like a Pro III DVD that is a a modified version of the police motor officer
course and exercises and that it was an extremely good DVD to get; well, Jerry has now put out version IV and, from what I've seen, it's definitely worth the upgrade so I'm getting it. Version III revolutionized my riding and I practice it monthly. Besides maybe saving your bacon in sheer riding skills and techniques as I know it's done mine already, if I had viewed it before picking up my Dad and his bike wrongly that one time I mentioned in the pick up bagger thread, I would never have busted loose my right arm tendon. I don't have any money affiliation with Jerry, folks; but, having experienced the benefit of his courses, I thought I'd head's up this new version as a tip. Link: www.ridelikeapro.com

Good riding.

axe11

Old 04-11-2006 | 11:10 AM
timbo
Cruiser
Default RE: Ride Like a Pro IV

I have the Ride Like a Pro III. I got it for the wife after she passed the basic MSF rider course. It's an excellent video. It even taught this know it all a few tricks. I highly recommend it.

Old 04-11-2006 | 03:46 PM
axe11
|
Cruiser

I was talking to a Rider's Edge instructor once who put it in perspective: He said he runs into bikers all the time who say they have 30 years or more of riding skills. But that, when he tests them, what he always finds out and shows them is that what they really have is just about one year of actual riding skills that are often just bad riding habbits and 29 years of practice repeating those bad riding habbits. Jerry Palladino said the same thing. I found that to be true as well in my case as I was one of those riders who came to an advanced class with over 30 years of riding experience and found out that alot of my shizznit was weak! And, in fact, in all those years, I had never even learned how to pick a heavy bike up properly and muscled one up one day that broke loose my right arm tendon...man that was not only painful, it was a real "funky" feeling having that tendon sliiiiide up my arm and 50% of my strength in it disappear instantly. Bottom line is that when you learn the right techniques and skills and practice them, especially monthly instead of once a year, you will then experience what expert riding skills are really all about...and it may just save your life and, perhaps, that special biker babe you may be two-upping with. For these reasons I like to spread the word and encourage bikers to learn and hone their skills, especially in line with advanced or motorcycle police standards, as it is worth it.

Live to ride and ride to live,

axe11

Old 04-11-2006 | 04:37 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The video is worth the money.

Old 04-11-2006 | 04:45 PM
BlackMarshmallow
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got it after moving up to a heavier bike. The confidence it gave me was worth it alone, but the skills I have developed and am continuing to develop are priceless.

Kirk

Old 04-11-2006 | 05:24 PM
spartns
Road Master

I've got the IV, it's great! I've been riding a long time and it pointed out what I've been doing wrong for a long time. I now think about what he said every time I ride. I think every rider should view this DVD.

Old 04-11-2006 | 06:42 PM
Crazie
Cruiser
Default S&H Free!

I recently purchased the DVD after seeing the reviews here. About an hour after I ordered I got a personal thank you and a request for feedback once I used it from Jerry himself. No canned automatic electronic response bull. When I replied that I would be happy to provide feedback, I happened to mention that I found him on the HD Forum. In less than 30 minutes I got a PayPal credit for the normal $5.00 S&H charge and another note from him saying that he never charges HD-Forum members S&H. That was a nice surprise.

Anyways, If you go to purchase this DVD tell 'em that HD Forums sent ya.

Old 04-11-2006 | 07:08 PM
axe11
|
Cruiser
Default RE: S&H Free!

Now that I didn't know, of course I got my III copy a long time ago before I joined this forum. But that's the kind of guy Jerry is, in my opinion a first rate dude. His DVDs are also always upbeat and entertaining while teaching the real shizznit.

Ride like a god,

axe11

Old 04-11-2006 | 07:22 PM
RKRider
Intermediate

My copy of Rida Like a Pro IV came in the mail last week. Included was a note that I was not charged the shipping and handling. Thanks, HD Forum.

Old 04-11-2006 | 07:24 PM
RKRider
Intermediate

Yeah, I know "Ride Like a Pro IV not "Rida Like a Pro"

Quick Reply: Ride Like a Pro IV