Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Like a Pro IV

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006 | 12:27 PM
mkultra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride Like a Pro IV

Hmm, now this is humbling. I have been riding for over 30 years and i have seen the ads. for the video, but always thought it was just someone trying to make a buck off of bikers. Then i read all the posts here, and figured i had better get the video also. Just ordered it, and am now looking forward to watching it. I reckon you can teach an old dog new tricks. I have had the pucker factor present it self more that once while riding, and if i can learn some more it cant be bad. Thanks to all who have watched the video and have left posts for people like myself....

Mike
03RK 103ci
White Pearl

Old 05-03-2006 | 12:35 PM
ringonking
Advanced

i got my dvd yesterday and watched it last nite!! i was very impressed with it !! now all i have to do is find a place to practice it!! im also going to let my two brothers watch it and then we will do some riding together!! it is a great video to watch!! very nicely done and informative!! motoman my hat is off to you for putting this together and helping a fellow rider learn some now tricks!!

Old 05-03-2006 | 06:09 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

bump

Old 05-03-2006 | 07:47 PM
NSBRK
Intermediate

Went to Leesburg Bike Fest this past weekend and saw Jerry and his gang do a demonstration. If you ever have a chance its worth the time attending his demonstration. I started using his video techniques over a year ago and still pull the videos out frequently to review.

Old 05-03-2006 | 08:41 PM
cycleman50
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading the posts, I order it. Got an email right back, he sent it out from Florida on one day and I got it the next! It is really worth it, in my humble opinion. I am learning/practicing a few new tricks that really have given me more confidence in my riding. After seeing that girl ride her bike, I feel I still have some control to learn. She makes it seem so easy. Listen to all the times the floor boards hit. I still haven't gotten my bike over that far yet. Enjoy!

Old 05-04-2006 | 12:10 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

Just bought it thanks for the tip, already got an email already. Sorry, didn't mention the forum as this gut still has to pay on the total. And from what I read here it is worth it.

Old 05-04-2006 | 12:48 AM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is definetly worth it. With practicing the drills, It prevents this from happening.

Old 05-04-2006 | 03:22 AM
RBJones
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been riding since 1963 but just bought a Harley in Feb. My biggest challenge was the sheer size and weight of the bike and how to master it at slow speeds, esp. with the wife aboard. Having dumped it twice by hitting the front brake in a slow turn once and stopping with the front brake and wheel turned, I learned that lesson the hard way.

I was getting a little discouraged but then I read the Motor Lessons by Harris Neil (do search on this forum), which Harris provides free of charge and learned a lot from that. Then I just got the Ride Like a Pro Video. Both of these have raised my confidence level tremendously and I practice the techniques all the time. Every time I go into a parking lot or road with a little room and no cars I go through some of the techniques. Just bought some cones so I can practice more formally. I'm finally beginning to see how docile the Harley is at slow speeds if you just know how to handle it the right way. I feel like I'm becoming a safer rider. This should help in the Slow Tour competition that the North Calif. Dealers are putting on, too.

Harris recommends that you only put the left foot down when stopped so you can have the right foot on the brake. He really stresses the danger of putting the foot down whenever the bike is moving even at a snail's pace. Our HOG safety officer busted his knee doing just this in a slide on a turn. I've been practicing Harris's technique and it's becoming more natural to me all the time. It's great when on a slope because you can hold the bike with the brake and take off.

Old 05-05-2006 | 10:20 AM
slacker
Cruiser

Well I recieved my copy about 2 weeks ago, and watched it right away. My first thought was "I know that already". I mean not looking down, looking where you want to go, and moving both your head and eyes are all techniques taught in the MSF BRC. But I watched the video and took my wife out for a couple of hours last weekend. Boy do I have a LOT to learn. After two hours we were both better, but a long way from the quality riding of those in the video. We certainly plan on continuing to practice the techniques and improve our abilities.

While we were there a guy on a crotch rocket pulled up and asked what we were doing. I told him about the video and about the techniques and invited him to give the circle a try. His circles were.... about 40 feet.

I now carry 4 cans of cut up tennis ***** in my saddle bag along with 36 ft of rope tied off at 12 foot increments for measuring. I can set up a weave, circle, figure 8 or whatever in just a minute or two and practice whenever I have the space and a few minutes to spare. I have spent a LOT of money on motorcycle stuff in my life, but this may well be the best investment so far.

Old 05-05-2006 | 10:50 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

While we were there a guy on a crotch rocket pulled up and asked what we were doing. I told him about the video and about the techniques and invited him to give the circle a try. His circles were.... about 40 feet.
Don't you love it?

I received my DVD on Tuesday, haven't had he opportunity to practice yet but I will this weekend.

A few weeks ago I'm sitting at a red light on a six lane highway. Across the intersection are two late 20's-early 30's guys on metric sport biles. They're in the left turn lane. Light turns green and they proceed to make a U-turn. 3 lanes almost wasn't enough room. You could see them both really working the clutch friction zone trying to make the turn. I'm far from being an accomplised rider but I can make a U-turn in less space than they used. I'm sure after spending some time with Jerry's DVD, U-turns will become a snap.

Quick Reply: Ride Like a Pro IV