Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Like a Pro IV

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006 | 12:48 PM
axe11
|
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride Like a Pro IV

I'm glad to hear you all are already benefitting from Ride Like a Pro. You have all the advanced course you could ever need in your hands ready to be practiced any time you're ready; just find yourselves a parking lot and go for it. Usually, on Sunday mornings you'll find plenty of parking lot space for practice. In the past, Community College parking lots have worked well for me. The cool thing is that, while I know you that have viewed the DVD can instantly see the logic of the techniques in your minds, wait until you get out there and put them to practice. You'll be making U-turns effortlessly in no time, with no "foot dragging" anymore, and you'll be able to appreciate just what an amazingly built and balanced bike a Road King or dresser from HD really is! You think you've got Harley love now, wait until you see what increased confidence and skills in handling that Harley will do for that love to be on it and riding the open roads. It's a beautful thing. Good luck and good riding.

axe11

Old 04-24-2006 | 10:00 PM
motorman857
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words and for spreading the word about my dvd's. You hit the nail on the head about the handling and ballance of Harleys. It's a shame that most people who ride them have no idea what the bike is really capable of. It kills me when I see people foot dragging or duck walking their bike trying to make a simple u-turn. If they only knew.

Old 04-24-2006 | 10:37 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I got the Ride Like A Pro DVD last week and have wathced it 3 times already. This coming sunday 4-30 I will be taking an Experienced Riders Course and I just can't wait!! With Jerry's DVD I feel very confident already going into the E.R.C. I may be replacing my footboards in no time at all. Thanks Jerry.

Old 04-25-2006 | 12:07 AM
axe11
|
Cruiser

You're welcome motorman, but it was my pleasure to share the DVD with the membership. It's great to see you on this forum. Practicing your advanced course has revolutionized my riding skills, and the results are why it's just a natural for me to promote your Ridelikeapro DVD to fellow bikers. I always receive positive feedback and thanks from bikers to whom I've recommended the Ridelikeapro DVD; and I feel that spreading the word about it is good way for me to make a contribution that brings real benefits to the safety and well-being of fellow bikers...& you can't beat that! My sincerest thanks to you Mr. Palladino for your superb DVD production of the advanced motor officer course; your expert skills and professionalism make the DVD course particularly clear, instructive and easy-to-follow and benefits riders of any given skills level. The Ridelikeapro DVD is a definite "must-have" for every serious biker, and I know I'll gladly continue to promote it to fellow bikers as long as I'm around to do so.

Safe and enjoyable riding to you and team,

axe11

Old 04-25-2006 | 12:40 PM
Scotto
Banned

I dont yet have the DVD but Jerry did a demo at a Hog chapter meeting and it was very impressive. I live in the town where Jerry gives his insruction classes and I plan to attend one of his classes soon. I became a better rider just seein his demo so I know its good stuff

Old 04-25-2006 | 03:25 PM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

I received my IV dvd and have seen It twice already, VERY good. I have learned alot of stuff just by looking at It, you finally understand why you have been having problems with certain maneouvers. I havnt been out to practice because of weather but I got to say that now I am a bit nervous. Dropping my SG like that chick did to that EG Classic is NOT an option, I have visions of myself in an empty parking lot crying like a baby with the glide on Its side, but Its pretty hard to look for your limits without crossing them.

Old 04-25-2006 | 03:56 PM
Bluerose

When I told a friend of mine I was getting back on a bike after 20 years
he gave me "Ride like a Pro" as a gift. It was a really great gift.

Now I'm moving into a UCEG and plan on spending the first weekend
practicing the methods on the DVD in a local parking lot before hitting the road.
Even plan on practicing lifting the 800 lb monster.

Guess I'll also be purchasing the latest rendition too .
Too bad I live 3000 miles from the training classes (did I hear road trip!).

Is there anything on the "...for Ladies" version that isn't on the others?

Old 04-25-2006 | 05:03 PM
axe11
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 06BlackFLHXI

I received my IV dvd and have seen It twice already, VERY good. I have learned alot of stuff just by looking at It, you finally understand why you have been having problems with certain maneouvers. I havnt been out to practice because of weather but I got to say that now I am a bit nervous. Dropping my SG like that chick did to that EG Classic is NOT an option, I have visions of myself in an empty parking lot crying like a baby with the glide on Its side, but Its pretty hard to look for your limits without crossing them.
Hello 06BlackFLHXI,

This is where getting good at the "slow race" comes into its own. You are looking to develop that knack for optimum friction zone use--releasing the clutch if necessary to power out of a potential dip, and for keeping your eyes level-ish and looking to where you ultimately want to go while only using your rear brake to adjust your speed. The more confidence you have, the less you'll be worrying about dropping the bike. However, it always helps to cover your engine and rear bag guards with material and tape just in case. This is one reason I prefer to have rear bag guards on as well, just for the "in case" factor. But, one way or the other, it is important to take yourself and the bike carefully and methodically to the limits so that you can gain confidence and train into your body/mind the proper responses and adjustments automatically. It's a beautiful thing when it all comes together, bike and biker, as you see so well demonstrated in the Ride Like a Pro DVD. Take care.

Keep the breeze between the knees,

axe11

Old 04-25-2006 | 05:04 PM
tray999
Advanced

I agree with all that has been said, I have been riding for 25 years and I learned more during the 2 hours of his video, then the past 25 years of riding. Great Video!!!!!

Old 04-25-2006 | 05:06 PM
ScottysGilde
Stage IV

I just ordered the DVD. I am a good enough rider to know I don't know everything and can always get better. I have no macho image I know it all. As a member of the military we are always having to take MSF courses to ride on post. Instead of dreading them like others do I look forward to the challange. I also firmly believe the courses I have taken have saved my life, or at least a bunch of skin and bones, twice. I will let you know how it turns out.
Scotty

Quick Reply: Ride Like a Pro IV