Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Like a Pro IV

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006 | 12:14 PM
02FLHR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride Like a Pro IV

I ordered IV before the discussion about paypal. Didn't receive the $5 off and don't want now that I know Jerry has to take a fee on it. I figure its only $5 and everyone says the DVD is worth it. Paypal sure seems to screw people with their fees. But what can I say, I use them. Anyway, hope to learn some new techniques from the video, especially for 2up slow maneuvers. My wife isn't a small girl (I don't like them small) and adding her to the weight of the bike is sometimes daunting.

Old 04-13-2006 | 03:13 PM
axe11
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 02FLHR

I ordered IV before the discussion about paypal. Didn't receive the $5 off and don't want now that I know Jerry has to take a fee on it. I figure its only $5 and everyone says the DVD is worth it. Paypal sure seems to screw people with their fees. But what can I say, I use them. Anyway, hope to learn some new techniques from the video, especially for 2up slow maneuvers. My wife isn't a small girl (I don't like them small) and adding her to the weight of the bike is sometimes daunting.
Glad to hear you got the DVD. I've got another tip for you: After you study, rehearse in your head and put the techniques to practice, you might want to buy and install Lyndall rear brake pads; for when it comes to slow, precision manueuvering, it's all about your eye/body postering and use of your friction zone with the rear brakes only. Lyndall rear pads can't be beat. Find yourself a good parking lot on the weekends, get the miniature cones or get creative with substitutes, and start practicing your "slow" race and proper eye/body postering and you'll be amazed at how your precision and confidence will grow. Good luck and good riding.

axe11

Old 04-13-2006 | 04:27 PM
NSBRK
Intermediate

I purchased ride like a pro III last year and immediately improved my skills. My wife (100lbs who rides a fat boy) watched the "for the ladies" video and has confidence like never before. Just ordered pro IV and can't wait for it to get here. .

The only downside is a developer buldozed the abandoned shopping center by my house which was a convenient practice area.

Old 04-13-2006 | 04:48 PM
axe11
|
Cruiser

I hear you...my wife wants to get a Fatboy now since she viewed the DVD for the ladies; she quickly saw that the weight and size of the bike means nothing but that it's all in the technique. In fact, she is even musing about a Road King instead of a Fatboy. She also likes to the new Street Bob but thinks the front wheel is "too skinny." What a classic she is! I'm just working hard to get the money for her to get whatever she wants. On the parking lot, I know what you mean. I've had to change my spots a few times, but the local community college is working out pretty good on Sundays; sometimes I use the local Shriner's parking lot as they all know me from when my Dad was a Shriner in the motor corp. My Dad passed away this last November; he was my best friend and best riding partner. I'll never have a partner to enjoy the open roads with like my Dad again, but I'll ride a Harley with him in my heart the rest of my life. Good riding friend.

axe11

Old 04-13-2006 | 05:15 PM
Crazie
Cruiser
Default RE: S&H Free!

ORIGINAL: axe11

Hey Crazie,

Congrats on the Haze SEUC! You got the right color, and only color, that doesn't seem to have paint issues...and damn it looks good! By the way, that's the first time I've seen a helmut painted to match. Where did you get that done? Nice touch.

Ride like a god,

axe11
Hey Axe. Thanks for the congrats. I absolutely love the thing in spite of it weighing more than my family of 5 combined. I got some Zanio Bros polish and the thing really pops now. Hopefully I'll get some pics taken and posted the next sunny day we have here (few and far between this time of year).

You are the first to comment on the helmets. They were done by badasspaint in California. They wern't cheap by any stretch ($450 apiece) but they sure look nice going done the road on the ' Eagle. BTW, the person who did the HD brochure (where the pic of my bike came from) must have been color blind as there is no yellow in "autumn haze" The bike is actually a champagne color as shown on the helmet which is a perfect match for the real bike.

Ride Safely,
Crazie

Old 04-13-2006 | 05:27 PM
Crazie
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: axe11

Glad to hear you got the DVD. I've got another tip for you: After you study, rehearse in your head and put the techniques to practice, you might want to buy and install Lyndall rear brake pads; for when it comes to slow, precision manueuvering, it's all about your eye/body postering and use of your friction zone with the rear brakes only. Lyndall rear pads can't be beat. Find yourself a good parking lot on the weekends, get the miniature cones or get creative with substitutes, and start practicing your "slow" race and proper eye/body postering and you'll be amazed at how your precision and confidence will grow. Good luck and good riding.

axe11
Yeah, great DVD but I about had a cow after trying to wrestle my SEUG up off the ground one day and had to call in 3 friends to help. Then I watch this DVD with "Mary Ann" picking up her '05 SEUG all by her little self. How embarassing!

Great tip on the practicing, Axe. I am very familiar with the 'keep your head up' thing but hadn't heard about using the rear brake in conjunction with the friction zone before. I can hardly wait to practice. Problem is, I live on an island and the only place I have to practice is the parking lot of our grocery store (unless I want to practice on dirt - I think NOT). It's closed on Sunday so that's my practice day, if it's not raining, that is.

I'm still scared to death of leaning over far enough to scrape the floorboards but, as they say, practice makes perfect.

Crazie

Old 04-13-2006 | 06:32 PM
02FLHR
Advanced

Thanks for the advice Axe. I actually received the DVD today. Very fast shipping. I will be trying to get a small group together to practice once a quarter or so. We'll see if I can get them out or not. Don't know if some of them care to 'practice' if you know what I mean.

Old 04-15-2006 | 05:37 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

I got mine yesterday. Practically flipped when I heard them dragging the boards in the circle. AT those speeds I was sure he would lunch, but nope, no problems. I think it's great. Fell asleep during it though, but I had had some beers before I decided to go out and check the mail. I am definitely already practicing the friction zone stuff. It is great that someone finally decided to put a little more out there than the usual fare about basics. About all that's available wihtout the course until this, and you can't even think about the course without reserving 2 months in advance down here. Heck, I am not sure about next week. 2 months? C'mon guys, we need more instructors or something. Anyways, thanx a bunch.

Old 04-15-2006 | 10:51 AM
streetglide#1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched him at Biketoberfest and learned alot just from that,now I wish I would have paid the $20 for the dvd.

Old 04-16-2006 | 09:00 AM
DensFLH
Cruiser

Got mine last week (thanks to the HD forum). I didn't realize how much I "didn't" know until I watched the video. My wife is just "relearning" to ride and the video was as much use to her as well as me.

Quick Reply: Ride Like a Pro IV