Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Like a Pro IV

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007 | 04:23 PM
gordo24fan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride Like a Pro IV

This is a bump and a comment. This DVD is great. Jerry breaks it down great. I can't wait until it warms up so that I can practice some of these techniques. I definately would recommend this video to anyone. I wish he gave classes out here in California. I know quite a few riders that would pay for that class.

Old 01-18-2007 | 02:50 PM
BJRider
Intermediate

Gordo,

I took a class from the Northwest Motorcycle School http://www.northwest-motorcycle.com/index.htmlast June. The class is 42 hours long and follows the same steps as Jerry (I also have his DVD). The class is held in Seattle and there are some dates where they run consecutively and you could come up for 4 days. The instructor is a retired Motorcyle Cop and was the head instructor for the King County force and State Patrol. The school supplies the bikes (retire Kawasaki 1000's) so you don't have to worry about scratching up your own bike when you drop it. Yes, you will drop it!!!!! Lots of slow speed manuevering, plus emergency braking and escape excercises, countersteering, etc. It was an awesome experience and a came away from the class feeling so much more confident in my riding skills. One of the members of the class I was in was from California and another one from New York. Let me know if you would like more info. Check out the web site.

Old 01-19-2007 | 11:12 AM
gordo24fan
Tourer

Thanks for the info, I will definately be looking into it. Hopefully weather clears up some soon. If you have more info by all means please do send it.

Thank you,

Brian

Old 01-19-2007 | 12:07 PM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

According to Jerry's wife Donna, there is a new DVD in editing stage and should be out soon. I think it is called "Ride the dragon like a pro" or something like that.

Old 01-19-2007 | 01:28 PM
CroftonDamico
Cruiser

<I was getting a little discouraged but then I read the Motor Lessons by Harris Neil (do search on this forum), which Harris provides free of charge and learned a lot from that.

Searched this forum for Harris Neil to obtain the "Motor Lessons by Harris Neil" and came up with zip. Any recommendation?

TIA

Old 01-20-2007 | 02:02 AM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

Ordering! Thanks for all the info folks and thanks to Jerry for creating what I hope to be an educational DVD!

Old 01-20-2007 | 03:47 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,379 Likes on 2,547 Posts

i thought the dvd was great. except for the good cop/bad cop thing..... that was kinda hokey. still a good buy, esp with the forum free shipping discount.

Old 02-25-2007 | 05:33 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

I will sell my copy of 'Ride like a Pro IV' for $28 with free shipping.

jhimes5@woh.rr.com

Old 02-25-2007 | 08:08 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 1,280 Posts

ORIGINAL: motorman857

Thanks for the kind words and for spreading the word about my dvd's. You hit the nail on the head about the handling and ballance of Harleys. It's a shame that most people who ride them have no idea what the bike is really capable of. It kills me when I see people foot dragging or duck walking their bike trying to make a simple u-turn. If they only knew.
Maybe you could send me a free copy, all my money is invested in my bike fighting my Harley disease.[8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1346/093AE9A0AD2F4FE896FFC943E94720CB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-25-2007 | 10:07 PM
Rabid
Cruiser

I've been out of the scene for awhile. Wife talked me into a 07 Ultra. It's still sitting in the showroom waiting for the snow to stop (another 6 cm today with freezing rain). Anyways, I recognize that I need some help getting back into the saddle again, saw the ad in a magazine. Purchased Mean Streets and IV and have watched them 2-3 times each. Really found the IV helpfull. Especially liked the helmet cam segments, easy to visualize the movements. I've also signed up for a refresher course in April. The vids are great and I'm planning on spending some money at Home Depot for padding and duct tape for the new beast.
Thanks for the lessons Jerry. They are a real help/confidence builder. Now I know what I DON'T know, and will be working on it.

Rabid

Quick Reply: Ride Like a Pro IV