Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pewter Denim Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008 | 03:35 AM
bald1der
|
Road Warrior
Default Pewter Denim Street Glide?

I'm looking for some Pic's of a Street Glide in pewter demin. I have a 09 SG on order in Red Hot Sunglo. What I'm looking at doing is pushing my delivery date up. I was notified by the dealer(military sales currently deployed) that if I change my delivery date I would have to take one of the bikes currently in stock. They have a Vivid Black but thats with Cal emissions. And they have a Pewter Denim. I looked at the color on the website but I know it does nothing for the bike if you can get a pic of it in the sun, or atleast in natural light. Thanks for all your help.

Old 12-11-2008 | 04:40 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member

A friend of mine has an '08 S/G in pewter denim....
and that color totally rocks on his bike.
Not sure pics would do it justice........you really have to
see it in person and walk around it, to get the total view.

Old 12-11-2008 | 05:27 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

i have seen a few in person, they look awesome....there are pics on here somewhere of one that has had the motor and all blacked out

EDIT: I dug some up for you bro, I know that your internet time can be limited across the pond. On the FOB I was on, most of my 1 /2hour time limit was sucked up by slooowwww computers

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...eet-glide.html

Last edited by brettnbama; 12-11-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-11-2008 | 07:12 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

I think chrome really pops on a denim bike, when I was thinking of upgrading to another SG I was looking at a pewter denim model on my dealer's floor - it was really sharp.

My only concern is you can't touch up scratches or nicks - my bro rented a denim SG for the trip to Milwaukee this summer and the bag scratches were very noticeable.

Old 12-11-2008 | 07:23 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member

Life's full of choices, Ain't it ?. Just do whatever pleases you and we'll be rooting for you.

Life's great,

Thorey

Old 12-11-2008 | 08:26 AM
bald1der
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by brettnbama
i have seen a few in person, they look awesome....there are pics on here somewhere of one that has had the motor and all blacked out

EDIT: I dug some up for you bro, I know that your internet time can be limited across the pond. On the FOB I was on, most of my 1 /2hour time limit was sucked up by slooowwww computers

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...eet-glide.html
Thanks for the pic's. I like the black, but I'm more into the chrome. I'm waiting back to hear if it's got cruise, abs, and alarm system.

Old 12-11-2008 | 08:57 AM
sniper uk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Raaze07
I think chrome really pops on a denim bike, when I was thinking of upgrading to another SG I was looking at a pewter denim model on my dealer's floor - it was really sharp.

My only concern is you can't touch up scratches or nicks - my bro rented a denim SG for the trip to Milwaukee this summer and the bag scratches were very noticeable.

i,m in the process of changing bikes (07 electra glide to 09 strret glide) and i quite like the look of the pewter denim....but was put off by the idea of no polishing..and no touch up for scratches....

Old 12-11-2008 | 09:05 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Mine is a Street Bob but it is pewter denim. Hope the picture helps.

Old 12-11-2008 | 09:37 AM
crfranklin65
Tourer

Pictures just don't do it justice.

Black looks good with pewter denim as well as chrome.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:22 AM
caymen8
Tourer

I guess I'll be the contrarian voice here. No offense to those who like the color, but to me pewter denim looks like someone did a bad primer job then forgot to paint it.

I'm very partial to Harley's red sunglo colors.

Quick Reply: Pewter Denim Street Glide?