Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pewter Denim Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008 | 05:55 AM
SlimsSG
Tourer

Originally Posted by bald1der
I'm looking for some Pic's of a Street Glide in pewter demin. I have a 09 SG on order in Red Hot Sunglo. What I'm looking at doing is pushing my delivery date up. I was notified by the dealer(military sales currently deployed) that if I change my delivery date I would have to take one of the bikes currently in stock. They have a Vivid Black but thats with Cal emissions. And they have a Pewter Denim. I looked at the color on the website but I know it does nothing for the bike if you can get a pic of it in the sun, or atleast in natural light. Thanks for all your help.

Take a look at some of my pics in my online album. I need to update these pics since I've put a different set of mufflers and air cleaner on the scoot. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

http://picasaweb.google.com/GregBesa...ey=7S8dk5WKXUY#

Old 12-13-2008 | 07:11 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bald1der
Can't wait to see the new pic's. What made you go to a 18" wheel?
Mostly an attempt to improve ride quality, although the bike with the 21" did not have bad ride quality at all. It just didn't have as much of the fat tire bagger ride that I had come to really like. I thought the 18" would be a good compromise and it has been for the most part, but not as big of a difference as I had thought. Like I said, I liked and still like the look, (with both sizes actually), so I'll probably run the 21" some day and lower the rear a bit with an air suspension setup.
Heres with the 18"s prior to the new fender and other blacked out parts. The bike moves away from the custom look a bit with the smaller wheel and tire, but with the fender it moves closer back to the edge.

Old 12-13-2008 | 09:27 AM
bald1der
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GliderXXX
Mostly an attempt to improve ride quality, although the bike with the 21" did not have bad ride quality at all. It just didn't have as much of the fat tire bagger ride that I had come to really like. I thought the 18" would be a good compromise and it has been for the most part, but not as big of a difference as I had thought. Like I said, I liked and still like the look, (with both sizes actually), so I'll probably run the 21" some day and lower the rear a bit with an air suspension setup.
Heres with the 18"s prior to the new fender and other blacked out parts. The bike moves away from the custom look a bit with the smaller wheel and tire, but with the fender it moves closer back to the edge.
I think it looks good with the 18". What ever I decide I'm probably gonna keep it mostly stock sizes with the wheels, I plan on doing some 2up touring also. I really like the way it looks with the lowers. Thanks for all your help. Will be making a decision in the next couple of days.

Old 12-13-2008 | 09:40 AM
bald1der
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SlimsSG
Take a look at some of my pics in my online album. I need to update these pics since I've put a different set of mufflers and air cleaner on the scoot. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

http://picasaweb.google.com/GregBesa...ey=7S8dk5WKXUY#
Thanks Slim. The pic's look great. As much as I really like GliderXXX's SG, I think I want to stay more on the chrome side of the house. Between the 2 of you guys you have really helped me feel a little better about my decision if I decide to go with the Pewter Denim.

Old 12-15-2008 | 09:17 AM
bald1der
|
Road Warrior
Default Update

Well, you guys have made the transition a little easier for me. I really wanted that red hot sunglo, but alas I digress. Signed the PO on a 09 Pewter Demin SG, alarm, abs, and cruise today.

Old 12-15-2008 | 09:29 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Good color choice, IMHO. I'm sure you will enjoy your new ride.