Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HowTo: Make an MP3 disk for the Harmon Kardon

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:50 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's not a DVD capable unit. CD only. I'm not even sure if it supports RW discs.

Some info that's supposedly helped some here: http://www.johnscrip.com/html/blog_f...y_davidson.php

But I have to warn (some people) that some of the info is pretty 'deep' in some burning programs. Lots of quirks with lots of programs - Fewest on the Mac (go figure).

Old 12-29-2010, 01:48 AM
EndOfDays
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya the only way to make DVD's work is to change to a DVD compatible head unit. I'd like to switch to a head unit with Bluetooth instead. With Bluetooth I could just stream the music from my phone, which is streaming music from my home computer

Old 01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Seems like a lot of you are using iTunes and paying for your music. Just about everything you could ever want is on You Tube for FREE! Just convert the mp4(audio & video) into an mp3(audio). Viola! Free music. It works for me.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:31 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JefFLH
Seems like a lot of you are using iTunes and paying for your music. Just about everything you could ever want is on You Tube for FREE! Just convert the mp4(audio & video) into an mp3(audio). Viola! Free music. It works for me.
Cool. How are you doing this?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mfuchs2004
Cool. How are you doing this?
Search for the artist/song on You Tube. Once the search results come up, you will have to pick the version you want. I try and get mostly album cuts or real good live performances as the audio is usually better. At any rate, when you find the one you want, copy the web address from up top on your browser. I then paste the address in to a video to audio converter and end up with the mp3. I use Vid To MP3 (beta) at http://www.vidtomp3.com/index.php . Hope this helps.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 176 Posts

Thanks everyone for all the help with this. After a year of trying and coming back to this thread multiple times I believe I have finally done it. Just in case there is someone out there that is still trying I will add my .02$. This is from the start. May not be the easiest or the quickest but is the one I was finally able to figure out.

My music is in itunes so the 1st thing I had to do was to convert the songs I wanted on the CD to MP3 format. I had to do this at the "home" computer of my ipod account which is my Toshiba laptop. My Gateway laptop is a secondary itunes authorized computer but will not allow songs to be converted to MP3 format.

By going to your music library you are able to click on a song and then click the "advanced" option at the top of the page and click "create MP3" version. itunes will then make a duplicate of the song in MP3 format. Once it has created the new MP3 version, you need to put a check mark in the little box by that song so you will know which one of the 2 same titled songs is in the MP3 format. This will make it less confusing to move it into a playlist title you create. Also while you are clicked onto the MP3 version of the song you need to right click and a menu will come up, select "get info" then click on "artwork" and see if there is any artwork (album cover I guess) in the little box, if so it must be clicked on and deleted or the CD player will not play that song. Once you have done this for all the songs you want on a CD (maybe 125-150 songs or more, my trial was with 60 songs) then create a playlist title and drag the checked MP3 versions of the songs into that playlist. After that, put in a new CD and click "Burn". I did mine at 1x but I think it can be done using 4x or even 8x (this feature might affect the quality or the number of songs on the CD, haven't figured that out yet) and click the make it an MP3. This process might take an hour or so to do but on a long ride it might be worth it.

I believe these CD's will also then work in your newer automobiles. Could be like having multiple ipods.

Thanks again everyone. Without me going back thru all the threads if anyone knows the answer to the 1x 2x 3x.. question about quantity or quality please let me know and also how many songs will a CD hold.

Last edited by Xcrossbow; 04-27-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:12 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been trying to burn cd's for a couple years and gave up they would never play so I will try this and see what happens thanks for the info!

Old 04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
getty30188
Cruiser

I took my library of songs and made a separate folder. A disc holds roughly 700mb. So only put as close to that number of MBs in new folder. Then move or burn to disc. I was able to put 165 mp3 files(songs) on one disc

Old 04-27-2011, 08:51 PM
thecort
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
Thanks everyone for all the help with this. After a year of trying and coming back to this thread multiple times I believe I have finally done it. Just in case there is someone out there that is still trying I will add my .02$. This is from the start. May not be the easiest or the quickest but is the one I was finally able to figure out.

My music is in itunes so the 1st thing I had to do was to convert the songs I wanted on the CD to MP3 format. I had to do this at the "home" computer of my ipod account which is my Toshiba laptop. My Gateway laptop is a secondary itunes authorized computer but will not allow songs to be converted to MP3 format.

By going to your music library you are able to click on a song and then click the "advanced" option at the top of the page and click "create MP3" version. itunes will then make a duplicate of the song in MP3 format. Once it has created the new MP3 version, you need to put a check mark in the little box by that song so you will know which one of the 2 same titled songs is in the MP3 format. This will make it less confusing to move it into a playlist title you create. Also while you are clicked onto the MP3 version of the song you need to right click and a menu will come up, select "get info" then click on "artwork" and see if there is any artwork (album cover I guess) in the little box, if so it must be clicked on and deleted or the CD player will not play that song. Once you have done this for all the songs you want on a CD (maybe 125-150 songs or more, my trial was with 60 songs) then create a playlist title and drag the checked MP3 versions of the songs into that playlist. After that, put in a new CD and click "Burn". I did mine at 1x but I think it can be done using 4x or even 8x (this feature might affect the quality or the number of songs on the CD, haven't figured that out yet) and click the make it an MP3. This process might take an hour or so to do but on a long ride it might be worth it.

I believe these CD's will also then work in your newer automobiles. Could be like having multiple ipods.

Thanks again everyone. Without me going back thru all the threads if anyone knows the answer to the 1x 2x 3x.. question about quantity or quality please let me know and also how many songs will a CD hold.
That is a smoking avatar! Who is that?

Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 PM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Convert your songs on your computer to MP3.
Use software such as Nero to burn them to CD.
When you go to burn your songs in Nero, burn them as "Data" instead of music.
By burning them as "Data" you can get 150-160 songs on a standard CD disk.
Sounds just as good.
When you burn as MP3 music in Windows Media Player, you are only going to get around 15-20 songs on a disk.

Quick Reply: HowTo: Make an MP3 disk for the Harmon Kardon